Confirmed camp call-ups

Addona

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the official word on Jackson, not that this is surprising:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2766266,00.html

"City striker Simeon Jackson has also been called up by Canada for their friendly with the USA on June 3, a game that marks the nation's 100th anniversary"

I could've sworn that happened in 1967 but I could be wrong

a game that marks the nation's 100th anniversary"...I could've sworn that happened in 1967 but I could be wrong

Yup, Norwich fail. Burnley got it right though but called the CSA the Canadian FA(makes sense).

Randy Edwini-Bonsu unfortunately looking less and less likely to be called up. He posted on instagram 9 hours ago(linked from his twitter) that he had "no idea" when his next national team game will be - this in reply to a fan asking if he would be playing in Toronto next month.

Yup, Norwich fail. Burnley got it right though but called the CSA the Canadian FA(makes sense).

Randy Edwini-Bonsu unfortunately looking less and less likely to be called up. He posted on instagram 9 hours ago(linked from his twitter) that he had "no idea" when his next national team game will be - this in reply to a fan asking if he would be playing in Toronto next month.

Hume’s brought the goods before, and REB is unproven at this level, but based on current club level and form I would have thought REB would get a call before Hume, at least get a call into camp. Especially as we know Hart wanted him for the February friendly.

Sounds like he has also signed somewhere: "Pen on paper... Done. Buzzin.."

Good call-up for a look at the very least

Yeah noticed that too, I'd imagine if it was MLS we'd know so must be elsewhere. Either way, I hope he's got a club!

Also remember most of the players come back to Canada during the offseason to spend time with family anyways - so players tweeting that they are coming back to Canada doesn't confirm anything really.

Also remember most of the players come back to Canada during the offseason to spend time with family anyways - so players tweeting that they are coming back to Canada doesn't confirm anything really.

But he tweets his is off "with" Canada not to Canada. And then earlier he had tweeted: "And great to be back with the Canadian boys again..." and "US, Cuba, Honduras. June world cup quali's. Buzzing.."

But he tweets his is off "with" Canada not to Canada. And then earlier he had tweeted: "And great to be back with the Canadian boys again..." and "US, Cuba, Honduras. June world cup quali's. Buzzing.."

Sorry should have been clear - was talking about Hume not Issey. Who just said he would see Simeon in Canada (doesn't mean they'll be in camp together...)

Weird for him to be called after a lack-luster campaign with Brisbane where he failed to play in the competition that probably helped bring him there in the first place, the Asian Champion's League. Fought with his club's star player. And this is from a massive Issey fan. We really have so few options at the moment at practically any position. And just wait until we fail to qualify and the elder statesmen retire from international duty: DDR, JDG, Bernier, McKenna, Klukowski, Jazic, Friend, Gerba plus a few of the others on the fence age-wise will be gone forever before too long, perhaps never to be replaced.

"City striker Simeon Jackson has also been called up by Canada for their friendly with the USA on June 3, a game that marks the nation's 100th anniversary"

I could've sworn that happened in 1967 but I could be wrong

To be fair, it's hard to keep track of when you lose all those colonies :)

Since REB's form has been good and Hart wanted to see him in February, can we assume Hart saw something during the U-23's? Didn't like the red card REB got in anger?

Yes, in retrospect there's certainly no question that we paid a heavy price for those actions; if he's not getting a call, I could see that being the case.

Weird for him to be called after a lack-luster campaign with Brisbane where he failed to play in the competition that probably helped bring him there in the first place, the Asian Champion's League. Fought with his club's star player. And this is from a massive Issey fan. We really have so few options at the moment at practically any position. And just wait until we fail to qualify and the elder statesmen retire from international duty: DDR, JDG, Bernier, McKenna, Klukowski, Jazic, Friend, Gerba plus a few of the others on the fence age-wise will be gone forever before too long, perhaps never to be replaced.

Aleman, Nanco, Alderson, Henry, Morgan, Cavallinni, Jalali, Hamilton, Haber, REB....they are there, just a matter of if they bring it to the senior level when they mature. It'll be 3-4 years before our 2018 cycle starts, lots of time for growth and maturity for this group. It'll be their time to join Simpson/Jackson/Edgar/Ricketts/Hume/Jakovic/Hainault/Johnson...

We're at the end of a cycle of a core group and the beginnings of another. It happens.

That blogger seems to love him:

"It’s very clear Kinnear loves Hainault, who is arguably the toughest man on a very strong defense."

"Either way, kudos to Hainault, one of the hardest working Dynamo players."

And the first comment:

"Well here we go again, losing key players for callups at a peak time during the playing season. And losing Hainault is like playing one man down. He can be subbed but his absence is very apparent during a game."

Good for Andre, he seems to have settled in nicely in Houston.

Archived