Is anyone from Ottawa or Montreal coming to WCQ?

Admin

Ok there are a couple of you... but seriously... the numbers are low. Really really low.

I understand Tuesday is difficult, and Sunday is a friendly, and the two Friday games which seem the most likely are a long way off.

I can put up a lot of people in my place. It's big.

If cost is an issue and we can work something out on this end please speak up.

Thanks,

Jamie

I am sorry that I can only commit to the Panama game, but I am bringing along at least 9 others to that game. Work will prevent me from attending the Honduras match, but I have bought 2 tickets for Toronto Community Housing. I have been spreading the word to everyone I know in Ottawa and Toronto in the hopes I can get them tickets or, at the very least, that they will buy them on their own eventually. I will send out another plea to try and get more tickets before May 6th.

I am sorry that I can only commit to the Panama game, but I am bringing along at least 9 others to that game. Work will prevent me from attending the Honduras match, but I have bought 2 tickets for Toronto Community Housing. I have been spreading the word to everyone I know in Ottawa and Toronto in the hopes I can get them tickets or, at the very least, that they will buy them on their own eventually. I will send out another plea to try and get more tickets before May 6th.

If the plea is for TCH tickets, those will be on sale until late May.

Great to hear you are coming to the Panama game!

Thanks!

The plan is to come to all four of the home games. I'll be coming from Montreal for Panama and Cuba, and over the summer I'm living in Ottawa and Kingston so I'll be coming to the Honduras and USA games from there.

USA (trying to bring at least two people) and Panama.

If cost is an issue

For those who (like me) have more time than money and don't want to fly, you can get really cheap Greyhound tickets from Ottawa to Toronto as low as $23.99(after taxes and booking fees using this trick):

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cheaper-greyhound-tix-toronto-ottawa-803303/

For Montreal people just use Megabus.

I'm coming with a small crew (4-6) to all four games. I'm still working on a few more peeps.

I'm trying to paint my first two stick banner but right now I don't have anyone driving to Toronto from Ottawa, we're all planning on flying with Porter. Would someone who is driving be willing to transport it for me? I may be able to convince a buddy but if not I'd be willing to help pay for gas and donate a pitcher or two at Maro.

I'm coming with a small crew (4-6) to all four games. I'm still working on a few more peeps.

I'm trying to paint my first two stick banner but right now I don't have anyone driving to Toronto from Ottawa, we're all planning on flying with Porter. Would someone who is driving be willing to transport it for me? I may be able to convince a buddy but if not I'd be willing to help pay for gas and donate a pitcher or two at Maro.

Just get the pipe here.

How big are you going to make it?

Are you doing the Soju 300 one?

Just get the pipe here.

How big are you going to make it?

Are you doing the Soju 300 one?

I'm thinking the size of a bed sheet, maybe 4' x 6'. That way it will be easily transportable but also a good size. I'm not going to do the 300 one, Soju volunteered to do something similar with De Ro's face, I'm not 100% sure how it's going to turn out. Long term I'd love to have a few of these with different players.

I'm coming to all three WCQ and fairly sure for the US friendly too. I have friends but none are soccer fans or if they do like soccer, would have a challenge convincing them to travel for a game. Kinda sucks actually.

That's a very generous offer too, socceronly.

Yup!

Maro is on board!

Nice! :)

Should we let the US fans know ∨ invite them for some pre-game trash talk + beers or let them figure out their own pre-game thing? It's not something I would otherwise suggest for other teams but I don't reckon there's a huge diaspora of Canadian-Americans that will be cheering against us like for Ecuador or Honduras.

Nice! :)

Should we let the US fans know &or invite them for some pre-game trash talk + beers or let them figure out their own pre-game thing? It's not something I would otherwise suggest for other teams but I don't reckon there's a huge diaspora of Canadian-Americans that will be cheering against us like for Ecuador or Honduras.

There was talking of planning a pre game - game/bbq, then go to Maro.

Not sure where we could play. It would be great if we could get Lamport, but that's unlikely at this point.

Archived