Voyageurs Cuba Trip of Madness - Details & Brochure

Admin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we actually know where the stadium is yet? I think it would be better if we could start the pre game drinks/dinner as early as possible just to get into the mood before the match starts. I mean most of the Canada matches in Toronto have about a 3 hour pre-game which would be ideal.

So is the game even going to be in the evening? Hart reckons that the teams will make us play in the heat of the afternoon.

I suspect most of (our away) games are going to be played around 1 p.m. — the hottest time of day. http://blogs.canoe.ca/reds/sports/hart-media-call-jdg-dunfield-and-morgan-addressed/

Boy, it's going to be an early rise on match day if we're to have a 2 - 3 hour pre-match watering. The drive from Varadero to Havana is 2hrs, so if we leave by 9am for Havana, get there a little after 11, that gives us a solid 2hrs of pre-match prep.

Boy, it's going to be an early rise on match day if we're to have a 2 - 3 hour pre-match watering. The drive from Varadero to Havana is 2hrs, so if we leave by 9am for Havana, get there a little after 11, that gives us a solid 2hrs of pre-match prep.

So post match celebration tour of Havana now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That depends. Many people are booking their own thing and not coming with the group (assuming they make their own way to the stadium). Can't speak for them.

There are at least 40 coming from Varadero together on a bus to Havana. Others are meeting at the stadium.

Err, I really hope this is not true, but Larson seems to have pretty good info usually...

@KurtLarSUN:

After promising travelling Canadian supporters a quantity of tickets, I'm told the Cubans are suddenly only offering up around 20. #CONCACAF

Err, I really hope this is not true, but Larson seems to have pretty good info usually...

@KurtLarSUN:

After promising travelling Canadian supporters a quantity of tickets, I'm told the Cubans are suddenly only offering up around 20. #CONCACAF

Any clarification on this..... Cause this would be terrible.

It's a problem that is getting solved, and we are not worried about it.

I told Larson that today, because he asked a while ago if he could get a ticket to the game for someone down there.

At the time I said it would not be a problem. I had to tell him today that we would not be able to do that.

Anyone booked on the trip is going to have a ticket, and I suspect it will not be a problem for all the others heading down, which is growing in number daily. I got word of at least five more today.

It's a problem that is getting solved, and we are not worried about it.

I told Larson that today, because he asked a while ago if he could get a ticket to the game for someone down there.

At the time I said it would not be a problem. I had to tell him today that we would not be able to do that.

Anyone booked on the trip is going to have a ticket, and I suspect it will not be a problem for all the others heading down, which is growing in number daily. I got word of at least five more today.

Phew

Flight from Toronto ....http://secure.redtag.ca/se_2.00/step1-packages.php?sid=f3655cee9d6b3a963d4e1f635ee5fdae#top_paging

upgraded hotels can drive price up to you can get cheaper deals or more expensive depending on hotel

http://secure.redtag.ca/se_2.00/step1-packages.php?sid=f3655cee9d6b3a963d4e1f635ee5fdae#top_paging

My agent got me the deal http://www.voyagesgtravel.com/gmaplocation but any agent should be able to do it... if you do not liking booking on the web.

As I was told Cuba has low uptake right now on rooms because the europeans are not traveling as they did in past to the destinations.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming to Cuba:

Lord Bob (arriving June 3)

Shawn + two part-time Voyageurs (arriving Wednesday)

Brendan and Danielle (arriving June 3)

This is our first trip to the carribian and are just wondering if anyone has any tips, such as what to bring and spending money. I understand their convertible peso system and the "escape Cuba fee."

I was going to e-mail Trevor, but thought this may be better just if anyone else has the same questions.

Archived