Voyageurs Cuba Trip of Madness - Details & Brochure

Admin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt I'll personally be able to use this package (I'd need a lot of time off if I wanted to catch the home game as well) but it's a great initiative. Thanks to everyone involved in setting it up; hopefully we sell loads.

We are still looking into a 4 day. There are just so few options at this time of year.

We are still looking into a 4 day. There are just so few options at this time of year.

I put this together for a June 6-10 trip leaving from TORONTO:

Booking a double room at the all inclusive resort roughly $1400 ($700/pp)

WestJet flight from Pearson on June 6th: $257

Air Canada flight from Vardero on June 10th: $280

Looking at roughly $1250/pp, that is if you book everything seperately...

Thank you so much. It's really a great offer.

I was not planning to take a full week off just to attend 1 single game. If the game was in the middle of winter, 1 week vacation in Cuba would be quite appealing (bringing the wife) but in the middle of June is not the same thing. I am not saying no to the 7 day package but I wil wait and see the 4 day one before taking a decision. 3 day would be fine also for me as long as we arrive the day before and leave the day after (the game).

Thank you so much. It's really a great offer.

I was not planning to take a full week off just to attend 1 single game. If the game was in the middle of winter, 1 week vacation in Cuba would be quite appealing (bringing the wife) but in the middle of June is not the same thing. I am not saying no to the 7 day package but I wil wait and see the 4 day one before taking a decision. 3 day would be fine also for me as long as we arrive the day before and leave the day after (the game).

+1

Resort - Sirenas La Salina

]

FYI, I stayed at this resort in Varadero last February and it is really nice. On the beach, plenty of pools and bars, really new (only a couple of years old, I think), very nice staff, and its a huge resort so there are always plenty of options during mealtime. If anyone has hesitations about the state of this trip's accomodations, rest assured, this resort is one of the good ones. My girlfriend and I had zero complaints.

The only negative I can think of is that it's right at the end of the Varadero spit, so you can't walk into town. I think it was about a $20 cab ride each way though, which is totally worth it when you're riding in a '57 Chevy!

I put this together for a June 6-10 trip leaving from TORONTO:

Booking a double room at the all inclusive resort roughly $1400 ($700/pp)

WestJet flight from Pearson on June 6th: $257

Air Canada flight from Vardero on June 10th: $280

Looking at roughly $1250/pp, that is if you book everything separately...

.... and that does not include the roughly $80 to $100 for the mandatory (Cuba made it mandatory ... you have to have it!!!!) health insurance nor the cost of the bus to the match or the Havana day trip for the match.

.... and that does not include the roughly $80 to $100 for the mandatory (Cuba made it mandatory ... you have to have it!!!!) health insurance nor the cost of the bus to the match or the Havana day trip for the match.

+ Voyageurs dinner

+ game ticket

+ whatever cool swag we come up with.

Great job! Just spoke to my wife about this and good chance that we'll go for the 7 day trip. Did a quick check on Tripadvisor and the consensus is that this is an excellent resort overall. Although I found this comment hilarious.

"We got robbed! I still enjoyed my stay!! don't think i would go back”

This resort must be one hell of a resort if they enjoyed their stay despite getting robbed :)

Just posting to say I'm definitely interested as I was thinking of making my own trip and so this would be infinitely easier. This is really far in advanced to be planning though (though I understand why that might be seen as necessary). Hopefully I'll know soon! Great work guys

The trick is making the 4 day cheaper than the 7.

Yeah, I get why that would be difficult, but honestly I'm sure there are some of us (including yours truly) who would suck it up and pay the same price for a 4-day trip just because it's the only thing that's possible.

True true, I'm just saying, maybe the Travel Agency that we are working with, can work with these flights and accomodations and try and give us a better deal :)

Archived