Voyageurs Cuba Trip of Madness - Details & Brochure

Admin

okay so someone said $1280 from Toronto total about so umm (gets calculator on computer) 1280+180+40 is $1500. Round and stuff.. I like it. So, are there links, or anything to follow. Or just read this thread for more info? My passport is still good until 2013 so I am still good there too. yay. Okay me and my dad are gonna hop on this one.

Here is the link!

https://secure.s-trip.com/trip/mission2014

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's fixed now...I think

Hope everyone signs up for the trip to Cuba.... I will be going down to stay in Havana ... and hope to meet up with the all inclusive group when you get to old Havana to enjoy the game.

I would love to know if anyone can confirm which stadium the game will be played in.

What are the odds they switch the stadium at the last minute and pull the rug out from underneath of us after we have booked? Please say Zero.

Well even if they did switch the stadium I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world for us to re-route our bus there. Obviously it could be a problem for those planning on staying in Havana and what not though.

So the $930 price advertised is for 1 person in a room with 3 others and not including the mandatory extra Cuban costs?

^ Wouldn't that be something. I believe Cuba is small enough that a bus could be organized to take you from one coast to the next if required. I guess we are going to have to get some assurances from the CSA that it will be held in Havana or they need to help fund extra transport costs. Not sure how that will go over.

To add the extras you have to call the # or when you book you get a code to log on to make changes to your file.

thanks for the info bruv. I'll wait for my dad to get his passport before I do the order I guess.

I also want to know a bit more info on the Havana night too. Is it just a hotel in Havana then back to the resort in the morning deal? Are people not booking through this to stay in Havana the whole time.. or?

What are the odds they switch the stadium at the last minute and pull the rug out from underneath of us after we have booked? Please say Zero.

As far as I am aware Cuba only has two Fifa approved soccer stadiums and both are in Havana. The other stadiums not in Havana are either baseball stadiums or very small soccer stadium or around 2000 or 3000 seats. Of course we did play in a converted baseball stadium and two converted cricket stadiums this round but I imagine FIFA would be more picky in approving stadiums in a country with two soccer stadiums in its capital than in small Caribbean islands without the means to build soccer specific stadiums. Also I think that it would be in Cuba's own interest to host the game where they would get the best crowd support so I don't see why they would move it to a smaller city than Havana. Also the biggest stadium outside of Havana is a baseball stadium in Matanzas which is really near to Varadero.

Super Great Deal! I'd go for the entire week! How bout extra ticket purchases? I have a few Canadian friends working in Havana: will we have extra tickets provided by the CSA to give away or tickets to sell to ensure we all sit together? I know it's kinda far from now but what if other Cdns at the resort or expats wanting to go would get tickets to sit with us. We had this scenario in Argentina.

Super Great Deal! I'd go for the entire week! How bout extra ticket purchases? I have a few Canadian friends working in Havana: will we have extra tickets provided by the CSA to give away or tickets to sell to ensure we all sit together? I know it's kinda far from now but what if other Cdns at the resort or expats wanting to go would get tickets to sit with us. We had this scenario in Argentina.

Meeting CSA on December 1st. This is a good question, will add it to the list.

I've been looking into a 4-day trip, just because that would be much easier for me to pull off. Havana for 4 days could be around $1000/$1100, so slightly cheaper than the 7-day trip. Although this doesn't include food, by all accounts food and drinks in Havana are very cheap. This would be something leaving Toronto on the 7th and returning on the 11th...

I've been looking into a 4-day trip, just because that would be much easier for me to pull off. Havana for 4 days could be around $1000/$1100, so slightly cheaper than the 7-day trip. Although this doesn't include food, by all accounts food and drinks in Havana are very cheap. This would be something leaving Toronto on the 7th and returning on the 11th...

Cuba has some bizarre currency where there are basically two types of pesos. One is for tourists, and the other is for locals... I think I understood at the time, but basically it goes something like... The only places you would actually consider going to for food, or drink use the tourist peso (convertible peso), so prices are inflated drastically and it's not a whole lot cheaper than here in Canada. A meal with a drink at a restaurant might be $10 or so. A convertible peso (CUC) is basically equivalent to a dollar Canadian. Yet as a tourist you can't get your hands on normal Cuban pesos, and you also can't convert CUC to normal pesos, so basically your money is only good at luxury tourist destinations where the prices are adjusted accordingly to hose you. I think...

I would be more concerned that a certain revered Cuban leader dies early in June and the game is postponed so as to not clash with the period of mourning and state funeral. Could this happen (postponing the game) and would such an eventuality be covered by trip cancellation insurance - assuming we are not already in Cuba?

I would be more concerned that a certain revered Cuban leader dies early in June and the game is postponed so as to not clash with the period of mourning and state funeral. Could this happen (postponing the game) and would such an eventuality be covered by trip cancellation insurance - assuming we are not already in Cuba?

Impossible, if such a thing was attempted we'd be awarded a 3-0 win.. which I think would do most of us just fine even if we were in Cuba.

Impossible, if such a thing was attempted we'd be awarded a 3-0 win.. which I think would do most of us just fine even if we were in Cuba.

Correct. Fifa might be willing to change the dates if there were some legitimate reasons to do so such as a natural catastrophe. They wouldn't do it for mourning ceremonies especially for a dictator.

Anyone else out there considering taking children along? I've got two little terrors at home and have started planting the seed in my wife's brain that next June is finally the time when we all get away for some fun in the sun.

I've never been on any kind of all-inclusive Caribbean vacation, let alone one that combines a WCQ soccer match. How would this package work for kids? Is there a reduced rate? Is this kind of trip even suitable for frantic families like mine?

Anyone else out there considering taking children along? I've got two little terrors at home and have started planting the seed in my wife's brain that next June is finally the time when we all get away for some fun in the sun.

I've never been on any kind of all-inclusive Caribbean vacation, let alone one that combines a WCQ soccer match. How would this package work for kids? Is there a reduced rate? Is this kind of trip even suitable for frantic families like mine?

Question... on list. I'll ask today.

Thanks,

JM

I've had a 10 month old in Cuba. Was very safe.

Archived