Voyageurs Cuba Trip of Madness - Details & Brochure

Admin

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we need to bring things to be able to plug stuff in with, and by that garbled mess I mean do we need power converters for the electrical outlets? I can't remember if we needed those the last time my family was in Cuba.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION. Just spoke with a contact from the Canadian Embassy in Havana. I was told the likely hood of us finding a place to go drink judging by our size will be close to impossible. There is an alternative though: the Embassy is having a beer call with hotdogs and burgers at 5pm, you'll have to pay in pesos. What everyone will need to do in order to get in is to have your Cdn passport on you. I'll leave it up to the organizers of this trip if you want to do this. The embassy is 20 blocks away from the stadium. Apparently they are going to attempt to do something special, don't know what that means. Any of you have contacts with any of the players, or CSA to see if they'd make the beer call there? With a Canadian victory would be a great party, with a loss... don't even want to think about that!

ATTENTION, ATTENTION. Just spoke with a contact from the Canadian Embassy in Havana. I was told the likely hood of us finding a place to go drink judging by our size will be close to impossible. There is an alternative though: the Embassy is having a beer call with hotdogs and burgers at 5pm, you'll have to pay in pesos. What everyone will need to do in order to get in is to have your Cdn passport on you. I'll leave it up to the organizers of this trip if you want to do this. The embassy is 20 blocks away from the stadium. Apparently they are going to attempt to do something special, don't know what that means. Any of you have contacts with any of the players, or CSA to see if they'd make the beer call there? With a Canadian victory would be a great party, with a loss... don't even want to think about that!

This seems bloody interesting, depending on the circumstances.

Just curious because its been a while since my last Canada match. Do we have an award for player of the match? I was thinking about bringing a Canadian dinner jacket. Sew a Voyageurs patch on the chest. Present it to the player. Just throwing it out there.

We went to the embassy in Kiev before Canada vs Ukraine in 2010 for their pub night and had a great time. Like you said, you just need a passport to get in and remember that cameras are not allowed in the embassy, but the embassy in Kiev had lockers for that situation so the Havana one probably does too.

Time for my annual appeal. Do you have two of the three Canadian "championship banners" shown in the middle of this banner panorama? (Click for a larger shot).

bannerpanorama-800px.png

Are you coming to Cuba or know somebody who is? Then please contact me as soon as possible. I have the third banner; it was separated from its friends at the 2009 Gold Cup. I have no idea where the other two are and would like to re-unite them. If you can bring the other two to Cuba and I can bring the third, we can hang them up and then the banners can go back, as a trio, to Toronto for World Cup qualifying.

Tru Voyageurs.

Have a fantastic time and do Canada proud. As much as my wife and I would have liked to take part in the trip it just wasn't going to work out this time. Keep in touch on this thread to inform us on your travels and the lead up to the match.

Go Canada Go

Archived