Voyageurs Cuba Trip of Madness - Details & Brochure

Admin

Is there a limited number of spots open through the travel agency? Is there a cap on how many of us can get in to the resort? I've been talking to a number of Vs here in Sask, as well as just soccer people I know, and there is a lot of interest in this.

I'd like to eventually put up some posters in the S'toon soccer centers advertising the trip. Are there any plans to create a generic version of the poster, one that has "Canada Soccer" (or something similar) in place of "Voyageurs" in the title, and then makes mention in smaller text that it is through us. I'm curious as to how much interest it would garner.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day in Havana is like this.

Dep from Varadero 12:30pm. (eat before you go so it's included..take snacks and sammies/travelling drinks)

Arrival at Havana 2:00pm (ish)

City tour of old Havana from 2:00pm till 5pm.

Short Panoramic tour of Modern Havana and then Dinner in Havana

Be at the stadium around 6:30pm

Game from 7 tilll about 9pm

Back to hotel in Varadero. (for victory party and lots of drinks)

OR..for those that want to pay the $75 extra and stay in Havana after the game...

Shuttle back to Varadero would be in mid/late afternoon the next dayto give time to explore Havana on your own

Reminds me quite a bit of the tour of Havana my family took while vacationing in Veradero. Old Havana is sweet and features the Palace as well as some of the tanks used in the Cuban Revolution (as well as one used to try to assassinate Castro).

• 2 months later...

Holy god Trevor, can you change the departure date to the 4th?? I'll pay extra I don't care I just want to be at the Centennial match. I'm just thinking of the awesomeness this trip could be - Centennial match on the 3rd, head to Cuba on the 4th, vs. Cuba on the 8th, come home to Honduras on the 11th. Mother of God...

Holy god Trevor, can you change the departure date to the 4th?? I'll pay extra I don't care I just want to be at the Centennial match. I'm just thinking of the awesomeness this trip could be - Centennial match on the 3rd, head to Cuba on the 4th, vs. Cuba on the 8th, come home to Honduras on the 11th. Mother of God...

Will explore all options. Sure as heck don't want to miss this game and could make it three in 8 days. Will update ASAP.

Yikes, what a wrench into the plan. This is a major issue for me because I had to practically beg for that week off from work and worked everything out according to the original schedule. Coming from Vancouver also makes my schedule less flexible.

Do whatever you can Trevor,

This is ****ed!

Original departure time was early Sunday morning.

I would think a lot of people will rethink this trip unless they can re-schedule the CAN/USA game to Saturday or (even more questionable) reschedule the Cuba departure to Monday.

I guess it will be the CSAs call in the end:o

KD.

This is ****ed!

Original departure time was early Sunday morning.

I would think a lot of people will rethink this trip unless they can re-schedule the CAN/USA game to Saturday or (even more questionable) reschedule the Cuba departure to Monday.

I guess it will be the CSAs call in the end:o

KD.

Having it on Sunday was all the Americans.

Hey Guys I know a lot of you have already booked, but if anyone is interested in doing a quick 3-day trip Zeelaw and I are looking into something and just need one more person. It will be from the 6-9th with the flight direct from Toronto to Varadero. We are staying at the same hotel as the Voyageurs, it is all-inclusive and we'll be with the Voyageurs on their day trip to Havana. So that is hotel+airfare+match ticket+tour and dinner with the voyageurs + bus to Havana + medical insurance. The total price for everything is $775. So if anyone is interested in this shortened trip with the Voyageurs to Cuba, pm me and we'll sort something out!

Archived