Caps vs. SKC - Apr. 2nd

Tuscan

**** I ****ed up the TFC game thread title, it's April 2nd isn't it. Gddamnit. Too. Much. Unibrew.

Hey, looking for a stream first and foremost. I will be checking actively as I got buds comin over to watch this ****.

Anyway, Caps take on Kansas City today. I envy all you boys out West for being able to go see this live. Two weekends ago was one of the best matches I've ever been to. Anyway, I predict a relatively uneventful 1-0 win for Vancity.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official starting lineups:

Vancouver: GK Nolly, DF Leathers, Boxall, Janicki, Rochat, MF Knight, Dunfield, Koffie, Wagner, FW Sanvezzo, Harris.

Kansas City: GK Nielsen, DF Espinoza, Cesar, Besler, Harrington, MF Kamara, Arnaud, Kiop, Stojcev, Sapong, FW loser.

Vancouver bench: GK Cannon, DF Duckett, DF/MF Harmse, MF Khalfan, Davies, Chiumiento, MF/FW Tan

Kansas City bench: GK Kronberg, Aiyegubsi, Sassano, Thomas, Lorenz, Auvray, Rocastle.

Very frustrating match with Bunbury on fire and VW marking atrocious. The first Bunbury goal was a result of a long throw by Nolly that was intercepted by SKC and ended with a Bunbury in-turn for the score in added time.

I know I have only seen 57+ minutes of Bunbury the junior, but sadly it looks like he has the knack for finding the back of the net that the Canadian senior had. This has the potential to be a massive loss.

Next.

Don't beat yourself up over it, you are witnessing the game of his career so far - he doesn't typically find the net at all in MLS. I think he had 5 goals all year last season.

Guy is far from usmnt quality - he got capped to steal him from us and he took the bait.

Don't beat yourself up over it, you are witnessing the game of his career so far - he doesn't typically find the net at all in MLS. I think he had 5 goals all year last season.

Guy is far from usmnt quality - he got capped to steal him from us and he took the bait.

I am more concerned about CMNT quality.The touch is there and he is still young. Just saying. I think that this one has the potential be our most frustating loss given our inability to score. Obviously he has lots to prove, but I have a very bad feeling. He looks like his dad on the ball.

I am long since done with pining over players we lose, just an observation.

OMFG!!!!! What a game. What a great game. The only thing that would have made it better would have been Nizar's last shot going in for the win. Great effort and a great example of why you never quit!

1) Teal is not long for the MLS. Some Euro team will get him. I think he will do his dad proud and excel beyond where his dad got. Shots within a yard of the post, 25 yard pinpoint passes. Wow. The kid is the real deal. Be afraid all opponents of KC, be very afraid.

2) We really looked bad at CB today. Boxall and Janicki just didn't have the communication down. I think both will develop but we need someone in the middle with a lot of experience.

3) Teitur's cardio training, high pressure style and timely, smart subs made the difference. I know some of the KC grounding was time wasting (3 yellows for it don't lie) but they were bagged totally.

4) KC are for real. If they can get better at defense they will be a threat to win the east. With their first 10 games on the road they will finish strong at home and be a force down the stretch. Excellent passing, great keeper, well timed counter attacks and finishing their chances. We just ran them into the ground late and got back in it.

5) Harris. What does the guy have to do to get some respect from the bloody refs in this league? It's not like he has a history of being a diving wanker so what is with all the non-calls? Kudos again to the guy for not only scoring but for doing a great job of holding and distributing.

6) Da Subs. TT did his job and the subs did theirs. Nizar owned the left and DC was a threat with his play making from the right.

7) MOTM has to be Camilo. He could have had 4 or 5 today against most keepers in this league. Just amazing to watch and a great player.

Hassli, Camilo, Harris and Salgado will be a nice set of forwards for us to work with.

Archived