Caps vs. SKC - Apr. 2nd

Tuscan

Has anyone seen a torrent or download link for this match? I had to miss most of the second half and I'd rather see it in its entirety, rather than just the highlights.

First half (audio problems until 33rd minute)

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Znv37xD/mgasa20110402vanckans1st.part1.rar

http://www.fileserve.com/file/UjQfr4m/mgasa20110402vanckans1st.part2.rar

Second half

http://www.fileserve.com/file/5vhGK7h/mgasa20110402vanckans2nd.part1.rar

http://www.fileserve.com/file/5QYaSSN/mgasa20110402vanckans2nd.part2.rar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, plus with Knight, DC, Khalfan, and Leathers we are gonna see these guys get great playmaking to set them up.

I think you are forgetting Teibert and Dunfield who have consistently produced for you guys from preseason up til now with goals and assists

Yeah I completley did, especially Tiebert.

Teibert Yes, Dunfield No. He has been distinctly average to subpar outside of that one killer ball yesterday and the TFC Match.

-Humble $0.02 worth on Dunfield.

The more I see this team, the more I think our best XI is:

-------------Hassli--------Camilo--------------

Teibert------Koffie--------Dunfield*----Chiumiento

Rochat------Demerit------Boxall*--------Leathers*

------------------Cannon*-------------------

* means:

Leathers will likely lose his starting role to Salinas or someone else, Boxall will lose his spot to Alkoul once he is fully fit...mark my words, Dunfield needs to get better or he will lose his job to Morfaw once he's fully fit, and you can obviously slide Harris in for either Hassli or Camilo... Cannon has played well so far imho, Nolly has let in a few I think he should have had based on his positioning...

Teibert Yes, Dunfield No. He has been distinctly average to subpar outside of that one killer ball yesterday and the TFC Match.

-Humble $0.02 worth on Dunfield.

The more I see this team, the more I think our best XI is:

-------------Hassli--------Camilo--------------

Teibert------Koffie--------Dunfield*----Chiumiento

Rochat------Demerit------Boxall*--------Leathers*

------------------Cannon*-------------------

* means:

Leathers will likely lose his starting role to Salinas or someone else, Boxall will lose his spot to Alkoul once he is fully fit...mark my words, Dunfield needs to get better or he will lose his job to Morfaw once he's fully fit, and you can obviously slide Harris in for either Hassli or Camilo... Cannon has played well so far imho, Nolly has let in a few I think he should have had based on his positioning...

Having watched all 3 Vancouver games this season, I find it hard to agree with your opinion on Dunfield.

I don't think he has been bad, I just think he has sprayed a lot of passes too long, turned it over too much, and hasn't finished many of his good chances, except the one in the opener.

he was brilliant in the TFC match getting stuck into every 50-50 and guy in a red shirt in his vicinity. he was overran in the Philly game, and I thought he struggled quite a bit off the ball yesterday, and frequently hoofed it too far to the corners yesterday.

Am I alone in my thought that I saw and heard the name Koffie a lot more than Dunfield yesterday?

Don't forget that Dunfield has consistently been your best player in the whole leadup to MLS and also had strong matches vs. TFC and KC, I only saw from when Vancouver was red carded onwards vs. Philly. The only thing I saw in the KC game that I didn't like was his passing at times but he did send that ball to Chiumiento. Also now that Khalfan had that nice match maybe Koffie is the one that sits when Teibert gets back? Teibert----Dunfield---Chiumiento---Khalfan? Isn't Chiumiento more of a central player?

I don't think Dunfield is here to make plays necessarily. I think he's the guy that'll pester their midfielders and create the space for the Khalfan's, Chiumiento's etc. He seems pretty fearless and is willing to tackle hard. You won't see that kind of aggressive play from Chiumiento or Khalfan. He is smart enough to make the offensive run and has a nose for goal as we saw in the first game.

oh and yes.... Teibert----Dunfield---Chiumiento---Khalfan. I like this. Now Demerit has to stay healthy and all will be good.

Camilo was named Player of the Week today....

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/vancouver%E2%80%99s-camilo-named-mls-player-week

Depriving Traitor Teal of an award :)

This game is truly the gift that keeps giving!

How sweet it is. I don't think I've ever seen so much enthusiasm last after a draw. Hopefully the they can tear apart the Revs, and keep this snowball rolling.

Archived