JDG2 career update

Obinna

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That explains why he wasn't even on the bench these last games with his club. Personally I think that while injuries didn't help JDG2, even if he played in a better club and represented a better country than JDG, JDG's career has been more remarkable than his little brother's.

• 2 weeks later...

He's under contract until June. Pretty sure what this article is saying is that the club has informed the 7 players that they will not be making them an offer when their contracts are up this summer and that they are free to start looking for new clubs.

I think JDG waited too long to make a move. He had plenty of offers two years ago and even some last year, now if he goes looking for a transfer this summer he will have to be looking way lower down the totem pole.

I think JDG waited too long to make a move. He had plenty of offers two years ago and even some last year, now if he goes looking for a transfer this summer he will have to be looking way lower down the totem pole.

Not necessarily. There are a few teams who have had their eyes on him (Chelsea, Valencia) who balked at paying the transfer fee that Feyenoord were asking for - up to 10M Euros 2 years ago. Now that he's out of contract he can sign for free with any club he wants. Granted he's had 3 knee injuries, but still, someone is going to take a chance on him.

To add to what jpg said, by and large the decision is not his about when and to whom he transfers to although he would have to approve it. It would be more accurate to say that Feyernoord waited too long to make a move but even that is only in hindsight. They were trying to maximize return and couldn't have predicted the serious injury problems he has had.

^There were rumoured to be several offers from big clubs for him two and three years back, which Feyenoord did not accept, presumably under the assumption that his value would appreciate. What actually happened was that they miscalculated. With about eighteen months left on his contract, JDG2 began to make it clear that he would not be re-signing with Feyenoord. They immediately began to look to make the best deal that they could for him before he could leave on a free. Unfortunately for them, he then suffered a series of injuries which basically made him untransferable in the short-term. He will now move for no transfer fee this summer.

^There were rumoured to be several offers from big clubs for him two and three years back, which Feyenoord did not accept, presumably under the assumption that his value would appreciate. What actually happened was that they miscalculated. With about eighteen months left on his contract, JDG2 began to make it clear that he would not be re-signing with Feyenoord. They immediately began to look to make the best deal that they could for him before he could leave on a free. Unfortunately for them, he then suffered a series of injuries which basically made him untransferable in the short-term. He will now move for no transfer fee this summer.

He had an agreement with City in place, but Feyenoord could reach a transfer fee. then Feyenoord has some good offers this season, but the coach liked him and wanted to keep him in the fold, then his knee went out again and the coach decided maybe he did not want him anymore and now he will be on a free transfer after the Erevidise is done. From what I have read.

• 2 weeks later...

Feyenoord had an offer of 10 million Euro's from Man City in 2008 but a newly appointed director didn't think it was a real offer because it came in via some shady middle people.

Since then JDG2 has been constantly injured with a bad knee injury and a ankle problem.

Feyenoord wanted to renew his contract but JDG2 doesn't want to stay, even though Feyenoord have been taking great care of him during his injury troubles and given him a home since he was 12. So...cheating on his country is not the only thing he can do

Not a single club has yet shown any interest so TFC should take a shot...

Feyenoord wanted to renew his contract but JDG2 doesn't want to stay, even though Feyenoord have been taking great care of him during his injury troubles and given him a home since he was 12. So...cheating on his country is not the only thing he can do

This just illustrates what kind of individual Judas is, he has no loyalty whatsoever. He probably believes huge clubs will be sending him offers when he is out of contract, I would love for no team in Europe to take a chance on him

Not a single club has yet shown any interest so TFC should take a shot...

That would be a nice blow to his ego

• 1 month later...

Barcelona sports papers today say that Jono is a priority signing for Espanyol, they are looking for someone who can play behind the strikers.

Since they had advanced negotiations with Julian a year ago, perhaps they just continued with the little brother? Do they have the same agent? Or dad?

Barcelona sports papers today say that Jono is a priority signing for Espanyol, they are looking for someone who can play behind the strikers.

Since they had advanced negotiations with Julian a year ago, perhaps they just continued with the little brother? Do they have the same agent? Or dad?

His 'agent' is SP International, who also represent Van Nistelrooy, Kalou among others.

I would be shocked if he doesn't sign for Espanyol. It sounds like the perfect situation for him, a mid-table La Liga team. I think he will be a starter at Espanyol but I would love to hear what Jeffery has to say about this whole situation. If he stays healthy I think he will have success and generate interest from clubs like Valencia/Villareal/Sevilla. Might even find himself back into the Dutch national team picture. Do you think that is possible SCF08?

Archived