JDG2 career update

Obinna

Sorry, should have posted when news came out last week: Espanyol announced a day or two later that they'd ruled him out, one day hot, two days later cold.

But that means little, Espanyol is one of the weirdest clubs around when it comes to signing, as they do not actually sign, investment groups do, and they sell and buy and loan in function of the money to be made for these investors. Who are supposedly club fans, but are constantly screwing with the team.

Jono obviously has an upside for a club of this level, in spite of having worse numbers this than last, and maybe worse last year than the one before. Holland won't touch him now he is older, for sure. For his own development I'd like to see him in a midtable top flight club, but not so good that he'll be tempted by the Dutch again.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think he will make it back into the Dutch pool. He is too old for the youth teams and Wesley Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Afellay are still pretty young.

I don't know much about Getafe. I only know that they've just sold their star striker Roberto Soldado to Valencia.

The deal seems to depend on them selling Pedro León, a hot young player too. Jono would go on a free transfer so they say. So its pending, and he is still not out of contract, not until the 30th. If someone offers more money that could change his mind, the fact that Getafe have come out saying this could mean some other club would make a bid based on their being interested.

Soldado is the highest scoring Spaniard in the league NOT to make the WC team. A former Madrid player. Big loss for Getafe.

Getafe coach Michel González sounds pretty serious, he had his son Adrian playing for them but it seems they won't resign him, suggesting he really is trying to be objective (a good young player though).

There is interest from Hamburg as well according to the German rumour mill.

Is there any player from the Eredivisie that Hamburg are not interested in? They are buying up our whole league and end up selling their whole team to Man City lol

I was looking at Getafes' roster and lineups, looks like they played a 4-5-1/4-3-3? Pedro Leon is the right wide attacking player for them, scored 8 goals last year and he's turning 24 this year...i'm guessing if Leon is still around they don't need Jono?

I was looking at Getafes' roster and lineups, looks like they played a 4-5-1/4-3-3? Pedro Leon is the right wide attacking player for them, scored 8 goals last year and he's turning 24 this year...i'm guessing if Leon is still around they don't need Jono?

Jono would replace him, that is correct. They think he can play as a right side attacking mid or even wing.

They think they can get 6-10 million euros for Leon, so the idea is to sell him. Very hot player, Real Madrid said to be interested, AC Milan. Had 11 assists as well last season. Getafe only bought him last August from Valladolid. Important money for the player who has a low buyout clause, low enough that he might go that way too.

Still no club yet for De Guzman who trained this week with a couple of Feyenoord players. His contract runs out July 1st.

Feyenoord officially start training tomorrow and De Guzman will not participate there so things are not looking good > for him.

Karma....

20100625_training_vrij_rh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here is what i've been wondering, what club gives him the greater chance to get noticed by the dutch?: Getafe or Newcastle

Getafe is playing Europa League this year, and this is not their first year in Europe. A modest side doing things right, the opposite of what Newcastle has done in recent years.

In any case, since the Dutch have players on their national team still playing in Holland, anyone playing regularly in EPL or La Liga will be interesting for them, and they won't miss a good player in either league.

Getafe is playing Europa League this year, and this is not their first year in Europe. A modest side doing things right, the opposite of what Newcastle has done in recent years.

In any case, since the Dutch have players on their national team still playing in Holland, anyone playing regularly in EPL or La Liga will be interesting for them, and they won't miss a good player in either league.

I think De Guzman's chances of ever representing Holland are very slim. He has got great talent but has been injured for 2 years and he left Feyenoord on a free. He has way more chance of representing Holland by doing well for Feyenoord than some mid-table team in Spain/England.

There are also a lot of youngsters coming through again and his position is well taken by Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Afellay (all still mid/early twenties).

I think De Guzman's chances of ever representing Holland are very slim. He has got great talent but has been injured for 2 years and he left Feyenoord on a free. He has way more chance of representing Holland by doing well for Feyenoord than some mid-table team in Spain/England.

There are also a lot of youngsters coming through again and his position is well taken by Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Afellay (all still mid/early twenties).

This is the same team that was so close to taking out Bayern Munich in the UEFA cup quarter finals two years ago. I hardly think playing for Feyenoord is higher than Getafe, the league is tougher in Spain, the competition, the marking, everything. If he starts and plays well at Getafe, if he does sign, he is ahead of half the Dutch national team just on club level.

This is perhaps the biggest factor in whether De Guzman will ever play for the Dutch. There will always be some new, highly talented attacking player coming through the ranks in the Dutch system and the star potential of these players will always get consideration over an average veteran player. At this point Jono is 23 years old, in Dutch that translates to 28. The Dutch NT is the Logan`s Run of international football, they dress very few outfield players over the age of 30. So for me, the only way Jono ever plays for them is if he shows he can crack the Dutch starting lineup, because if he can`t then they`d much rather gvie the token call up to a 19 year old kid who might be the next Sneijder.

Archived