JDG2 career update

Obinna

The Dutch NT is the Logan`s Run of international football, they dress very few outfield players over the age of 30.

hAHa, great turn of phrase...as opposed to "Cocoon" to describe the English NT.

Incidentally Logan's Run (great sci-fi movie from 1976), is in development for 2012, though I usually hate remakes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since Getafe wants him as an outside right attacker, attacking mid from the right wing, that would put him behind Robben for Holland. So very tough, I agree the attacking mids for Holland are good.

But a good Liga run would change the situation as I see it, maybe get him a call-up. These are rebuilding years, in the run-up to Eurocup, so anything could happen.

Well since Getafe wants him as an outside right attacker, attacking mid from the right wing, that would put him behind Robben for Holland. So very tough, I agree the attacking mids for Holland are good.

But a good Liga run would change the situation as I see it, maybe get him a call-up. These are rebuilding years, in the run-up to Eurocup, so anything could happen.

I don't know alot, but I know this much, JDG2 is very good and talented, but he's not an Impact player at any position... Most National teams of Hollands calibre all share the same common denomenator, all positions are filled with players that are "Impact Players" for their respective clubs. Jonathon is not this, nor will he ever be, he will just be an above average attacking midfielder and thats it. Good enough for Dutch youth squads but not the senior squad. His chances of making the team are slim to none as someone else has already sugested.

I wonder if he would tweet how the whole "feeling dutch" thing working out for him these days.

Good find, that is out today. Press in Spain has Mallorca, who were 5th and are in UEFA pending a financial review, with the edge over Getafe right now. Both sides have sold talent, have cash, and will want to have depth to go as far as possible in the Europa League.

Reviewing the analysis, including on the Mallorca website, it seems that they have a better idea of Jonathan's role and talent than Getafe do, the latter want him on the wing it seems, Mallorca in the middle behind the striker.

Looks like Mallorca won't be going anywhere in the Europa league, UEFA has appeared to have kicked them out for their financial problems. A shame for Mallorca who I like, but good for the shambolic state of the European game. Anyhow, I just hope that the guy can fully recover and stay fit for a while. He's had a brutal last few years.

Mallorca is appealing their expulsion from the Europa League, which benefits Villareal in their stead.

Reports are that Jonathan did a medical already and his signing depends on the receivers, the club is in a form of receivership. As Mallorca is training in Holland at the moment it is expected that if signed Jonathan would go there to train with them, rumours are that he did his med in Madrid.

Jono has signed today for three years.

http://www.rcdmallorca.es/Noticias/de-guzman-primer-refuerzo-para-la-temporada-201011-28433.aspx

Mallorca is currently on tour in Holland, played Arnhem tonight and won 1-2, beat Feyenoord 0-1 on the weekend, have not lost in pre-season yet. Suppose Jono will go up to join the team, still have a match vs. Herenveen pending.

First signing of Mallorca this season, will have to do more if they are allowed by those pulling the financial strings as the club tries to pay off debts and not lose its Europa League spot.

Archived