Nov. 14th, Macedonia vs Canada (game thread)

loyola

I think we need a game thread since there's possibility some of us will be able to watch tomorrow game. Please post everything game related here.

Tomorrow morning, If you find a working TV feed for the game, please post it here.

I'll start with this article from Dobson who's mentionning that Jakovic status for the game is uncertain after he picked up a knock in training this morning (just too bad).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/11/13/dobson_canada_macedonia/#

Also note Gerry is alluding to a January training camp for the NA based players with the possibility of a friendly.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

4am PST, hmm, to stay up or go to bed early and set the alarm? Is the New Zealand v Bahrain on tv? it starts in 45 minutes.

NZ v Bahrain is on in the afternoon of FSC.

Friday was Macedonia's version of Arbor Day.

The Macedonian manager said he expected the same side as they fielded against Qatar with one change. That would hurt them in the midfield a touch.

Velice Sumulikoski will make his debut as Macedonia captain. It's the first game in Strumica (apparently they had an all-domestic kick about with Bulgaria there that wasn't a full international), so the locals are up for it and it doesn't help that Pandev and another forward Aco Stojkov are both from Strumica.

That's the news out of Macedonia from Friday. There aren't talking about us much. In one breath they were a touch indignant that Iran wasn't happy they couldn't get a better team to play Wednesday and in the next they were talking about how we're not a very attractive side to play, but that was quickly followed with a quick "there's no easy games in world football."

I know I can't get the macedonian feed to work. Is anyone going to do pbp? Anyone ever used FIFA?

cheers,

matthew

Archived