Nov. 14th, Macedonia vs Canada (game thread)

loyola

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Miss, or a save ?

Well...it's hard to say, really. There were a few crucial seconds missing between the shot and the ball being behind.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that bad guys... Except for the one chance at the end Macedonia didn't create anything we didn't deal with. This is a line-up with many players that are inexperienced at this level. The pitch looks like it takes getting used to as well.

I think (hope) they have got some confidence out of emerging 0-0 at the half and will now start to generate some chances themselves. Macedonia will be under a lot of pressure to produce something positive from this game. They will be frustrated and may just leave some gaps.

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

It's not that bad guys... Except for the one chance at the end Macedonia didn't create anything we didn't deal with. This is a line-up with many players that are inexperienced at this level. The pitch looks like it takes getting used to as well.

I think (hope) they have got some confidence out of emerging 0-0 at the half and will now start to generate some chances themselves. Macedonia will be under a lot of pressure to produce something positive from this game. They will be frustrated and may just leave some gaps.

Other than Jackson and Wagenaar (arguably our two best players of the half), I don't think there is a player on the pich with less than 20 caps for Canada?

Who exactly is inexperienced?

They've been lazy and naive yes, but we cant blame that on inexperience.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Other than Jackson and Wagenaar (arguably our two best players of the half), I don't think there is a player on the pich with less than 20 caps for Canada?

Who exactly is inexperienced?

They've been lazy and naive yes, but we cant blame that on inexperience.

Actually I was about to edit my post after reviewing the line up again. It's not as inexperienced as I thought. I was convinced there were some younger players in based on what Hart had been saying about having a look at some different players. However, I do still think they can turn it around and create some more chances in the second half.

Update from strumica: Wow! That was not good. Macedonia had two sitters and 4 half chances. We did not even put a shot towards goal. Defence can't get it together. Stalteri and McKenna got into an argument on the pitch. They can't deal with any corners. We need Friend's height and ability to hold up the ball. Pitch is awful.

Macedonia is making 3 subs I don't see any for us.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

When somebody asks me "what is being a Voyageur", I will tell them that it is laying in bed at four in the morning wearing Canada kit over your pyjamas watching a choppy, crappy live stream of a friendly in a language you don't speak.

:)

At least it was 7 for us... and my kids have me up by then anyways...

Archived