Cup Presentation

Guest Ed

You TFC fans be sure to give a big round of applause as the Voyageurs will be represented well tonight at the Cup presentation.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by nolbertos

Thought the Cup was presented after the game vs Montreal?? or are you talking about the "home" presentation to the TFC fans at BMO field??

Absolutely. Fans get their shout out to their hardware winners.

I'm sure those of us in the stadium at the time of the presentation definitely will. Unfortunately Toronto crowds are notoriously slow to arrive, especially for weeknight games, so I expect the stadium will be 1/4 full when the presentation happens tonight (as I understand it will be before the kick-off).

Damn, so I'm planning on wearing the V's scarf over my U-Sector hoodie (as I'll be repping both groups) during the presentation, but it's currently 30 degrees right now. With humidex it's around 35.

Either way, I'll post pics here in a few days.

Anyone have any video of the presentation? I just got the channel changed at the pub as they were flipping to more pre-game stuff after the ceremony. How many were there in the stands for the presentation? How aware are the fans, from the people who aren't at every game to those who stand in the supporters sections, of the fact that TFC won the V's Cup, and what the V's Cup actually is?

The stands weren't very full at that point, but when Brennan and DeRo lifted the Cup it got quite a loud ovation.

speedmonk took some pics from field level. His album can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.ca/sugarengine/VsCupPres#

Also, The Score has been airing the handing over of the Cup as part of their highlight pack for last night's game. And there will be video at Toronto FC TV next week.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Great pics, who's the dude with the V's scarf.

Rudi, what was the interview about ?

I seemed to have lost my feed to the Score.........any chance someone has the technical knowledge to post this bit on our site.

The guy in the photo album? That's Glenn, a long-time Voyageur/U-Sector. I believe he goes by Glenn on this board as well (his handle is different on the U-Sector board).

The interview was for Toronto FC TV, the weekly web-only magazine show produced by the team. It usually shows up on the website each Tuesday.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^ dude...you must have been melting with the sweatshirt and scarft...

nonetheless, well done.

I threw them on as I was walking onto the field, and got rid of them immediately after I walked off.

It was around 35 degrees at field level at that point. Gotta love FieldTurf. [:P];)

Nice pics Rudi, but why didn't you go with your regular TFC jersey and scarf, rather than sweatshirt. Still..nice pics..I recognize alot of U-sector boys there, like Freekick, the Keays, and others.

Edit: Is that David Bailey in one of the pics?? Could've sworn he was there too..funny how I haven't seen anybody in person since 2002, but all these faces are coming back to me [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

The guy in the photo album? That's Glenn, a long-time Voyageur/U-Sector. I believe he goes by Glenn on this board as well (his handle is different on the U-Sector board).

The interview was for Toronto FC TV, the weekly web-only magazine show produced by the team. It usually shows up on the website each Tuesday.

kinda looks like Massiva Attack aka. Narduch on the usector board

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

kinda looks like Massiva Attack aka. Narduch on the usector board

On second glance, it might be MA.

Glenn is seen elsewhere in that album sporting a U-Sector scarf, and I doubt he brought both to the game.

• 3 months later...

Archived