New kit

themodelcitizen

Guest HamiltonSteelers

It is a massive improvement on the last design. Those rib squiggles were rediculous even from afar.

Am totally disappointed that the away kit is still grey. Would an all white or all green (arbitrary colour that one team in the league now has) be that absurd to produce. Maybe it's indicative of poor road play. Kinda like how the leaders in the Tour de France get a yellow jersey, we get a grey one for playing like crap away from home.

The collar is a great touch, the maple leaf isn't that bad. The 'all for one' slogan on the neck isn't bad, but it's in that tacky street/in-yo-face type of font that makes it feel more like a 'marketing tool' rather than something of respect. If they could've put it in the font of the logo and it would look professional.

That being said, the long sleeve shirt looks with the forearm patches almost looks like a goalie kit gone wrong. It's not bad, but the lack of continuity down the arm is unnecessary.

I would purchase this shirt over the first year shirt in a heartbeat. Even the grey one looks better but it's still grey.

Wow HamiltonSteelers I disagree with almost everything you said. I really liked the last jersey and I cant believe you think that the new jersey is an improvement, it looks awful the shoulders are super busy then the front of the jersey is pretty much pain.

I like the grey away kit but the black shorts are stupid and they dont make sense at all because there is no black on the jersey. Everyone has a white jersey, what is wront with being diferent, plus toronto doesnt want to look like team Canada. I dont understand why you would want a green away kit when TFC's colors are not green at all.

just my opinion dont take is personally.

Guest HamiltonSteelers
quote:Originally posted by kcisoul

Wow HamiltonSteelers I disagree with almost everything you said. I really liked the last jersey and I cant believe you think that the new jersey is an improvement, it looks awful the shoulders are super busy then the front of the jersey is pretty much pain.

I like the grey away kit but the black shorts are stupid and they dont make sense at all because there is no black on the jersey. Everyone has a white jersey, what is wront with being diferent, plus toronto doesnt want to look like team Canada. I dont understand why you would want a green away kit when TFC's colors are not green at all.

just my opinion dont take is personally.

None taken. I only picked green because I never want to see the Chivas debacle of the first year where we had to wear our change strip at home. The grey shirts look like keeper's kits. Also, a great number of teams have worn green away colours because there are so few teams that do wear green as a first.

Looking at the kit, I really don't care for the stripe that runs from the shoulders to the arm pits. It makes it look it a designer went overkill. Still not a big fan of the interruption of the stripes to make way for the flag and league crest.

The away kit was never meant to be matching with club colours, just meant to be a change so that there was no clashing with another kit if on the road. Half the teams in the world have an away kit that resemble nothing like their club colours (remember that aqua number Barca had last year?) Just grey is so unremarkable. Rather see the navy colour being the away kit.

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

None taken. I only picked green because I never want to see the Chivas debacle of the first year where we had to wear our change strip at home.

For all those who clamor that the MLS has to adhere more to the same conventions in the great European leagues, then this is exactly as it should be. It is the home team's duty to change kit if there is a conflict with the visiting team's kit.

quote:Originally posted by dsqpr

I'm not sure that green is the best colour though, for the simple practical reason that grass is green and will make it a bit harder for the players to pick each other out. I have rarely seen teams play in green and my guess is this is why.

Unless the players are constantly staring at the ground, I would say that it isn't a problem. I doubt teams like Celtic, Sporting Lisbon, Werder Bremen and Panathinaikos have gotten it wrong for so many years...

im gettin it. the collars are ok, the only problem being that they pose a significant risk of being popped by douche bags (collar popping being the trademark of douche bags). last thing i want to see is an entire stand of popped collars, id rather not have tfc associated with large scale douche baggery of any kind, least of all such defined an incontrovertible evidence of douche baggery as is the popped collar.

OH YA - the Cantona collar! Haha, everyone wanted that back in the day as an attacker, and some dumb defenders!

The kit is shocking, very poor. Far too busy - the BMO sponsor logo has got to change. They should go with an Ajax style (previous to the current kit) sponsor logo in that it'd be vertical? Never gonna happen, but anyway.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

im gettin it. the collars are ok, the only problem being that they pose a significant risk of being popped by douche bags (collar popping being the trademark of douche bags). last thing i want to see is an entire stand of popped collars, id rather not have tfc associated with large scale douche baggery of any kind, least of all such defined an incontrovertible evidence of douche baggery as is the popped collar.

Hey I pop my collar ... not that I disagree with your comments too much ;)

A match in L1 I saw last year, involving Auxerre and...I'd like to say, OM was very confusing, since OM couldn't wear their jerseys, so they wore Auxerre's thrid, and Auxerre wore their home jersey.

I didnt catch the match from the start so i was very confused. Took me 20 minutes to hear the announcer explain the situation.

Archived