TFC vs. Team Canada: who would win?

Big Daddy K

Hi folks, just wanted to put a fun poll out there (not sure if it has been asked before). Who do you think would win in a friendly match between the CDN MNT and Toronto FC if it was played today? Assume it takes place at BMO Field, and that both teams field their best team, with TFC keeping Brennan, Sutton and all of its Canadian players.

What do you think? (I'll wait to post my prediction)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just imagine Mo's prematch talk:

"You'll have to watch that Issey guy, I think he's retired now, but when he was younger he was a trialist at Crystal Palace!

And Cunningham, don't get discouraged out there. Their keeper Lars, he probably works At Phillip's Bakery now, but he used be the number 2 man at Spurs!

I wouldn't bother marking that Hutchinson guy though, last I heard he couldn't cut it at Toronto Lynx.

And who the f-uck is Ali Gerba anyway?"

Iain Hume barely makes Canada's first 18, yet he just commanded a £1,200,000 transfer fee to CCC side Barnsley. He averages about 13 goals a season in Englands second tier.

Where would he be on TFC's depth chart? And Simpson? De Guzman, DeRosario, Hutchinson, Friend, Imhof, Klukowski, Stalteri, McKenna, Nakajima-Farran, Nsaliwa?....

Get my point?[8D]

Anyone who thinks any MLS side could take the Canadian Mens Team doesn't know too much.

Also the U-20 Canada team beat TFC in May. Although both teams weren't completely full strength TFC still had players like Edu and Sutton.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

Probably the 20% that - as someone else said more eloquently elsewhere - love TFC but wouldn't cross the street to watch Canada.

As I recall, only a couple of individuals voted for TFC in the poll, and one of them was banned from the board because of his incessant trolling of the CMNT.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

Hi folks, just wanted to put a fun poll out there (not sure if it has been asked before). Who do you think would win in a friendly match between the CDN MNT and Toronto FC if it was played today? Assume it takes place at BMO Field, and that both teams field their best team, with TFC keeping Brennan, Sutton and all of its Canadian players.

What do you think? (I'll wait to post my prediction)

I gave up typing that stupid analogy.

Anyway, if Canada were motivated it would be an annihilation.

quote:Originally posted by realjamaican

Toronto Fc Of course canada is lame. they'll probable lose 3-2 and say the jamaicans and hondurans are too technically ahead of them. only way canada would win is if it was played on ice with sticks. canada going nowhere!

Are you an idiot? Canada is way better than those 2 teams in terms of technical skills. Honduras is so overrated! Jamaica? LMAO! Thanks for the laugh. You obviously haven’t been watching Canada play past year because if you did, then you wouldn’t have made that comment.

quote:Originally posted by TFC07

Are you an idiot? Canada is way better than those 2 teams in terms of technical skills. Honduras is so overrated! Jamaica? LMAO! Thanks for the laugh. You obviously haven’t been watching Canada play past year because if you did, then you wouldn’t have made that comment.

Look at the name. Don't feed the troll.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Look at the name. Don't feed the troll.

HAHAHA what yall gonna do went yall dont make the hex. Canada is no way near jamaica in skill and technique.

Canadians living in illusion lose to a brazil that everyone in south america is beating. and thinks they are doing well. Venezuela beat them 2-0. Venezuela is a side that cant beat jamaica.

Even your own canadians kno that:

Canadian commentator Lucas da Silva thinks that his country’s 14 point drop in the latest FIFA ranking is warranted. He believes that Canada can only beat weak opponents and struggle when faced with worthwhile foes. Below is his commentary.

http://jamaicawin.com/International/ConcaF_July25-08.htm

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

A better topic would be who would win between the Impact - Canadian Champions - and the MNT. The MNT would destroy either TFC or the Impact but at least make the comparison with the best team in Canadian soccer not the second best.

The last time I remember, it was TFC who beat Impact. When did Impact ever win against Toronto? The only reason you guys won the tournament because Toronto failed to beat Whitecraps.

quote:Originally posted by realjamaican

HAHAHA what yall gonna do went yall dont make the hex. Canada is no way near jamaica in skill and technique.

Canadians living in illusion lose to a brazil that everyone in south america is beating. and thinks they are doing well. Venezuela beat them 2-0. Venezuela is a side that cant beat jamaica.

Even your own canadians kno that:

Canadian commentator Lucas da Silva thinks that his country’s 14 point drop in the latest FIFA ranking is warranted. He believes that Canada can only beat weak opponents and struggle when faced with worthwhile foes. Below is his commentary.

http://jamaicawin.com/International/ConcaF_July25-08.htm

ZOMG!!! You're using FIFA rankings to show Canada sucks.

The last time I looked at FIFA rankings, Canada was ahead of Jamaica. We CMNT fans are basing on our team performance throughout the year, not just Brazil game. Where was Jamaica in the gold cup?

Archived