TFC vs. Team Canada: who would win?

Big Daddy K

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by TFC07

ZOMG!!! You're using FIFA rankings to show Canada sucks.

The last time I looked at FIFA rankings, Canada was ahead of Jamaica. We CMNT fans are basing on our team performance throughout the year, not just Brazil game. Where was Jamaica in the gold cup?

studip If you are a Canadian soccer fan who thinks that the national team is better than teams from unfamiliar and often unheard of countries, or if you think that Canada is great at soccer because it recently barely lost to Brazil, then perhaps the FIFA table warrants a closer look.

Burkina Faso, for example, moved up 47 points to sit in 64th place – just below the spot that Canada previously occupied. One wonders how a nation of less than 14 million (not to mention extraordinary poverty) has managed such an outstanding feat.

Burkina Faso achieved its ranking by winning soccer games. In the past year, Burkina Faso has beaten Tunisia and Senegal. Burkina Faso’s record within the past four years also includes wins against Ghana and ties with Morocco. Burkina Faso had many other wins, but, importantly, the wins mentioned above were all matches against previous visitors to the World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by realjamaican

studip If you are a Canadian soccer fan who thinks that the national team is better than teams from unfamiliar and often unheard of countries, or if you think that Canada is great at soccer because it recently barely lost to Brazil, then perhaps the FIFA table warrants a closer look.

Burkina Faso, for example, moved up 47 points to sit in 64th place – just below the spot that Canada previously occupied. One wonders how a nation of less than 14 million (not to mention extraordinary poverty) has managed such an outstanding feat.

Burkina Faso achieved its ranking by winning soccer games. In the past year, Burkina Faso has beaten Tunisia and Senegal. Burkina Faso’s record within the past four years also includes wins against Ghana and ties with Morocco. Burkina Faso had many other wins, but, importantly, the wins mentioned above were all matches against previous visitors to the World Cup.

If you knew anything about FIFA rankings, then you would've understand why Canada ranking is so low.

Their ranking is low because Canada doesn't play enough games which they get punished for in these rankings.

If you knew anything about FIFA rankings, then you would've understand why Canada ranking is so low.

Their ranking is low because Canada doesn't play enough games which they get punished for in these rankings.

This has nothing to do with fifa rankings By comparison, Canada hasn’t beaten a team that has recently appeared at the World Cup since it beat Jamaica 1-0 in 2006. Canada has tied Jamaica five times since then (all scoreless), and Canada has lost to Jamaica twice. Jamaica has since plummeted to 98th FIFA ranking position.

Instead, Canada’s wins have all come against weak competition. In the past four years, Canada has beat St. Vincent & the Grenadines (151st), Guatemala (104th), Haiti (119th), Costa Rica (79th), Bermuda (118th), Cuba (78th), Luxembourg (152nd), Belize (175th), and Barbados (137th). Canada has also beat Martinique, who is not a member of FIFA.

This has nothing to do with fifa rankings By comparison, Canada hasn’t beaten a team that has recently appeared at the World Cup since it beat Jamaica 1-0 in 2006. Canada has tied Jamaica five times since then (all scoreless), and Canada has lost to Jamaica twice. Jamaica has since plummeted to 98th FIFA ranking position.

Instead, Canada’s wins have all come against weak competition. In the past four years, Canada has beat St. Vincent & the Grenadines (151st), Guatemala (104th), Haiti (119th), Costa Rica (79th), Bermuda (118th), Cuba (78th), Luxembourg (152nd), Belize (175th), and Barbados (137th). Canada has also beat Martinique, who is not a member of FIFA.

You're using recent rankings to compare when Canada beat those teams in the past when half of them had better rankings in the past? Right! Great logic.

Instead of trolling in here, why not wait until group stage is over to see if your team is good enough to beat Canada?

This is my last respond to you.

You're using recent rankings to compare when Canada beat those teams in the past when half of them had better rankings in the past? Right! Great logic.

Instead of trolling in here, why not wait until group stage is over to see if your team is good enough to beat Canada?

Your even stupider than i thought its the recent result that count not the the results in the 80's. lmao.

Someone try to shed some light on you and u result to troll insults, i guess u like to live in your fairy tale bubble.

Good luck with your fantasies!

The last time I remember, it was TFC who beat Impact. When did Impact ever win against Toronto? The only reason you guys won the tournament because Toronto failed to beat Whitecraps.

The Impact won the tournament and TFC could not even beat them at home when they had to win. However, even ignoring that by your logic (ie. the best team in Canada is the one that beat TFC) then Vancouver would be the best team in Canada. I really do not think that TFC is the best team in Canada. If we were to have the tournament all over again I could see Vancouver possibly winning it instead of Montreal but not TFC.

Troll. Aside from your terrible grammar, allow me to point out a that Costa Rica(who we've recently beat and drawn) went to the last two world cups. Furthermore we beat you in Canada 1-0 then you beat us 2-1 in back to back friendlies so that would actually go to us in a head to head because we scored in your oh so scary backyard! ha!

Canada were too much for San Jose last cycle. That was a San Jose team who was amongst the best in MLS and we were about to lose to Guatemala at home. Sure we had DeRo and they didn't, but still . . . I'd expect the same result in this hypothetical matchup.

I've never heard of Lucas da Silva either, but I read that article on the reggae boyz site last week and his logic is false. I don't think his central point is far off the mark (that we don't beat teams better than us very often), but his examples don't make any sense.

cheers,

matthew

Your even stupider than i thought its the recent result that count not the the results in the 80's. lmao.

Someone try to shed some light on you and u result to troll insults, i guess u like to live in your fairy tale bubble.

Good luck with your fantasies!

Stupid is someone who after smoking a big gagger plagerizes every point a Canadian soccer commentator makes and claims it for his own.

Guys, he's just re-telling the same story.

Here's a prediction you can put in your pipe and smoke.

Canada 3 Jamaica 0 August 2008. Let FIFA revise the rankings after that one.

HAHAHA what yall gonna do went yall dont make the hex. Canada is no way near jamaica in skill and technique.

Canadians living in illusion lose to a brazil that everyone in south america is beating. and thinks they are doing well. Venezuela beat them 2-0. Venezuela is a side that cant beat jamaica.

Even your own canadians kno that:

Canadian commentator Lucas da Silva thinks that his country’s 14 point drop in the latest FIFA ranking is warranted. He believes that Canada can only beat weak opponents and struggle when faced with worthwhile foes. Below is his commentary.

http://jamaicawin.com/International/ConcaF_July25-08.htm

Canada may only beat weak opponents, but I don't see why that means we wouldn't beat Jamaica.

Canada is 5-5-3 (win/draw/loss) all time against Jamaica, including a perfect record of 3 wins in 3 matches in Toronto.

I read that in Lucas Da Silva's article, and all I have to say is that if you're putting your stock in something that pretends to be knowledgeable analysis yet is so factually inaccurate, well then you're even dumber than you seem.

Da Silva claims that Canada has played SEVEN games versus Jamaica since that 1-0 result in 2006? And this guy's article is your evidence that someone in Canada gets it?

Here's a newsflash for you (and please, correct me if I'm wrong). Canada hasn't played Jamaica AT ALL since that 1-0 victory in Montreal. Not at the senior Men's level, anyhow (which is what we're talking about here).

And yet this idiot Da Silva, whom you hold as some expert foretelling Canada's downfall, somehow seems to have fabricated not only seven more encounters between our two countries, but also seven more results (five draws and two losses).

Please come back when you have something more credible than completely bull**** analysis but some dude that probably doesn't even exist.

EDIT: I just remembered the return friendly in Jamaica in which we lost 2-1 about a month after the 1-0 win here in Montreal.

Regardless, where did those other fake results come from? And as Tyson said, Costa Rica has qualified for the two most recent World Cups, and we've beaten them quite recently.

This Da Silva character makes a wonderful contribution to Cdn soccer yes?? Wouldn't want any facts to get in the way of a good story. Twat.

This has nothing to do with fifa rankings By comparison, Canada hasn’t beaten a team that has recently appeared at the World Cup since it beat Jamaica 1-0 in 2006.

Is it just me or did we beat 2006 finalists Costa Rica 2-1 last june? I think some guy named de guzman or something scored both our goals...

Oh, I guess it's not my imagination, found proof:

You're welcome for the plug, Juby.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Oh, and Da Silva says we lost to Austria.

Am I wrong, or didn't we beat Austria 2-0 in Vienna? I'm remembering Brennan and Grande scoring...

It was Brennan and Reda (who deflected in a 2nd Brennan shot).

I'm not sure what is more humorous, the Lucas Da Silva work of fiction that's been posted here or the idea of a Jamaican fan relying on a work of fiction to denigrate the Canadian team.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Da Silva claims that Canada has played SEVEN games versus Jamaica since that 1-0 result in 2006?

He also claims we recently played Brazil twice:

"Despite Canada’s valiant effort against Brazil in May 2008, the final result was a loss. Canada has also picked up losses to Hungary (52nd), Wales (54th), South Africa (67th), Portugal (9th), Brazil (4th) and Spain (1st)."

jamaica sucks...even you know that realjamaican....obviously because you are a fan, you choose to ignore the reality, but look at the facts and you can only draw one conclusion.

its actually a good thing that canada only beats crappy teams...that means we should romp against the likes of 98th ranked jamiaca.

Sorry to break up this thread, but do we have 1/2 a moderator on this site show up every six months? Trash should be taken out every two days. Why don't we nominate someone to actually show up hear on the regular>

If i wanted to read a 14 year old pissing contest, i'd post on big soccer.

Archived