TFC vs. Team Canada: who would win?

Big Daddy K

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Geez you guys...)

Just going to interrupt this gripping topic for a moment since it's wicked off course anyway.

First, new mods are coming down the pipe as we speak. Admittedly, slowly, but they're coming. If it weren't for a few other issues with the website right now I'm sure they'd be set up already. Sorry for the delay.

Second, except for a bit of low level purse swinging and a thread-jack this topic has so far not justified any type of intervention. I mean seriously, be careful what you guys wish for because you may just get it one day.

And lastly, Canada3000 was banned for using "sock puppets". Zero tolerance there. That'll do you in every time...

Sorry for the interruption. Please carry on.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

(Geez you guys...)

Just going to interrupt this gripping topic for a moment since it's wicked off course anyway.

First, new mods are coming down the pipe as we speak. Admittedly, slowly, but they're coming. If it weren't for a few other issues with the website right now I'm sure they'd be set up already. Sorry for the delay.

Second, except for a bit of low level purse swinging and a thread-jack this topic has so far not justified any type of intervention. I mean seriously, be careful what you guys wish for because you may just get it one day.

And lastly, Canada3000 was banned for using "sock puppets". Zero tolerance there. That'll do you in every time...

Sorry for the interruption. Please carry on.

All I wanted to know, thanks for the quick reply.

Whoa! I leave this topic alone for one night and suddenly it's turned into a Canada vs. Jamaica thread????? Wow, guess you all can't wait for Aug. 20, eh?

REALJAMAICAN: FYI, I am Canadian but I am a native of Jamaica as well. Yuh nuh know di Canucks if yuh tink TFC can beat 'dem. Have a match wit di Reggae Boyz and Harbourview, who would win? Me seh di Boyz run di score --- same with Canada/TFC. But I appreciate your enthusiasm, hope you show up on Aug. 20 --- should be a good one.

I'll be there on Aug. 20 --- I'll be wearing Jamaica colours, but I made up for it by bringing with me 5 pro Canadian fans, which includes my wife. :)

BEAVER: As for your question about Jamaica vs. TFC, Jamaica at full strength would beat them with no trouble (again, pains me to say so as a TFC fan). National teams with players in top flight will always be superior on paper to an upstart MLS side. Don't use Marshall as a measuring stick --- he is a decent defender but definitely not the top one on Jamaica's depth chart.

This is a good healthy thread. I wish I could be there on the 20th guys. If I was I'd be holding up a sign that said: "Lucas De Silva eat your heart out!".

Edit: Canada 2 - TFC 0, the only team TFC's been beating lately is them self.

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

Whoa! I leave this topic alone for one night and suddenly it's turned into a Canada vs. Jamaica thread????? Wow, guess you all can't wait for Aug. 20, eh?

REALJAMAICAN: FYI, I am Canadian but I am a native of Jamaica as well. Yuh nuh know di Canucks if yuh tink TFC can beat 'dem. Have a match wit di Reggae Boyz and Harbourview, who would win? Me seh di Boyz run di score --- same with Canada/TFC. But I appreciate your enthusiasm, hope you show up on Aug. 20 --- should be a good one.

I'll be there on Aug. 20 --- I'll be wearing Jamaica colours, but I made up for it by bringing with me 5 pro Canadian fans, which includes my wife. :)

BEAVER: As for your question about Jamaica vs. TFC, Jamaica at full strength would beat them with no trouble (again, pains me to say so as a TFC fan). National teams with players in top flight will always be superior on paper to an upstart MLS side. Don't use Marshall as a measuring stick --- he is a decent defender but definitely not the top one on Jamaica's depth chart.

Not in section 104, I hope.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

Not in section 104, I hope.

No, I am sitting in section 108.

I did not use the Voyageur code. I respect the attempt to make 104 a pro-Canada section (though I hope for future games there will always be a section like 108/109 where both sets of fans can mix.)

Are you in 104?

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

No, I am sitting in section 108.

I did not use the Voyageur code. I respect the attempt to make 104 a pro-Canada section (though I hope for future games there will always be a section like 108/109 where both sets of fans can mix.)

Are you in 104?

I am. And although I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy, I'm also sure there would have been an awful lot of abuse hurled your way had you shown up in 104 on Aug. 20. (Some of it likely coming from me.)

quote:Originally posted by squizz

I am. And although I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy, I'm also sure there would have been an awful lot of abuse hurled your way had you shown up in 104 on Aug. 20. (Some of it likely coming from me.)

Haha! Good! Nothing wrong with some clean, good-natured ribbing. I'm used to it --- I went to the Ottawa marathon wearing a Leafs jersey several years ago. IN MAY. :D

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

Canada has somewhat more scoring skills compared to the TFC who has none.

Yea I see it MNT 4 - TFC 1 and the goal for TFC would be an accidental own goal as a defender breaks up a cross into the box.

;)

God I hope TFC get back on track and start winning some games. They need it almost as badly as Montreal [:0]

Archived