Jamaica in Toronto - Official

Tickets will go on sale to the public July 14, so this is going to happen very quick.

The Voyageurs will have their own section on the north side of the stadium. The exact section has yet to be finalized, but it will be on the north side.

A code will be sent to all our members. We will have access prior to the public, similar to last time. TFC season ticket holders will get first crack.

I will be discussing further details with the CSA over the next couple of days.

We will also have a section for Honduras and Mexico.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Tickets will go on sale to the public July 14, so this is going to happen very quick.

The Voyageurs will have their own section on the north side of the stadium. The exact section has yet to be finalized, but it will be on the north side.

A code will be sent to all our members. We will have access prior to the public, similar to last time. TFC season ticket holders will get first crack.

I will be discussing further details with the CSA over the next couple of days.

Are you sure you don't mean south side? The north end of BMO is open, being only three rows deep.

quote:Originally posted by theaub

Do we get first dibs on both Toronto and Montreal?

Yes.

We will be before the public at every venue.

In light of the special situation in TO with Jamaica, I think the CSA wisely would rather have TFC ticket holders have first dibs in the hope they will cheer for Canada, and cut down the chance for Jamaicans to get tickets.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

Are you sure you don't mean south side? The north end of BMO is open, being only three rows deep.

Ya, it's gotta be the south. The TFC Supporter's end is the south. The only thing of any note in the north end is the scoreboard and the Carlsburg patio.

Assuming most of the south end is taken by season ticket holders, it doesn't leave the V's much space. These guys will cheer for Canada, so that is cool.

This way we can take some sold pro Canada support to the other end of the stadium.

No sense loading the south end, with the rest battling Jamaicans.

If subscribers get first dibs, will said individuals get the right to purchase any tickets, or will they be limited to buying their own tickets? If the first option is how tickets for this event will be divided up, then it should not be difficult to get a concentrated section of Vs in the south end, akin to the supporters' group in the Costa Rica friendly.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

It'll likely be section 104, as TFC leaves that section open for away support and promotions.

I would be fine with that. I just don't want us to be limited to one of those piddly little sections at the north end of BMO. At three rows deep, those north-end sections aren't nearly big enough to hold all of the Vs.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

No sense loading the south end, with the rest battling Jamaicans.

That's kinda how I felt about the Montreal game. The voyageurs section was nice behind the net. But I was 7 rows up at exactly mid-field...and I don't wanna burst anyone's bubble, but I could barely make out the chants. I heard "Canada clap clap clap" well. And heard 7-nation army at one point, but that's all I could make out. Kept waiting for "Qu'estce que vous chantez".. you guys probably did it, but I couldn't hear it.

Anyway, my point is, I thought it might have been better to have 2 or 3 sections throughout the stadium (but within range of hearing eachother), rather than everyone together. That way it'll seem like more and chanting, and will help those who are shy get into it.

Just a thought. But I guess it'd be hard to organize multiple random sections.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when you say the code will be sent to all members, does that include all people who are registered on this board? If not, as a newer poster, is there any way I can go about getting tix in the Vs section?

I'm curious as well. I could probably get 4 of 5 buddies to come along with me for this one. I was at the game in Montreal. I just bought tickets in the section besides the Vs section and moved over. But if I could buy directly in the section it would be better/less potential hassle at the game. I've had a few not so pleasant experiences with BMO security in the past.

Not a fan of the separate section, especially far from the South end. We need to be united - a smaller offshoot V's section will be like a smaller version of the Montreal section, and will get buried among the Jamaicans.

I understand the logistics, but if anything, the Vs need to get the available tickets in the South end and just move into it.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Not a fan of the separate section, especially far from the South end. We need to be united - a smaller offshoot V's section will be like a smaller version of the Montreal section, and will get buried among the Jamaicans.

I understand the logistics, but if anything, the Vs need to get the available tickets in the South end and just move into it.

Perhaps a coordinated effort between supporters' groups is in order. If TFC supporters who are also season ticket holders can buy as many south end tickets as they can, then the surplus can go toward Voyageurs.

Voyageurs should get first crack at the South end surplus. Excluding the TFC holders, how many people is that going to be? 200-300 max?

Once everyone's in the South end, then we can coordinate something.

150-200 uncoordinated Vs (we're from all over) on the other side of the stadium won't do much.

As a half-season subscriber for TFC games, I probably will have the right to purchase tickets for this game in advance. If possible, I could purchase something in the order of 10-15 tickets on my credit card, and then sell the remainder to members of this board. If other TFC season ticket holders were to follow suit, we could easily reserve a block of tickets in a south-end section.

first, its not the end of the world for there to be another supporters section away from the south end. the north end elite has shown that its actually valuable. as long as its on the camera side it should be ok.

with that said, is it not possible for all ticket holders and the V's to get the same presale code? or is it that the season tix holders are limited to their own seat? im worried most seasons holders in the south end will pass, leaving relatively few real supporters in the south end supporters section.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

with that said, is it not possible for all ticket holders and the V's to get the same presale code? or is it that the season tix holders are limited to their own seat? im worried most seasons holders in the south end will pass, leaving relatively few real supporters in the south end supporters section.

If tickets will be sold in the former manner and not the latter - i.e. like Costa Rica - then it should be easy to get the pre-sale code to Voyageurs. I don't want to publicise the code, but a TFC subscriber who has the code could simply e-mail it to Cheeta, who in turn could e-mail it to everyone on this board.

I know there is a lot of "extra" games that SSH's are asked to purchase, however I think this is a fairly important event and if TFC can help promote this, I can see most of the south stands buying their tickets. Especially since Toronto only gets one of the three games this round. It would be a different story if we played 2 or all 3 games at "The National Soccer Stadium"

Archived