!!PAYMENT!! - Voyageurs/Canada Scarf Order Thread

BrennanFan

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definitely take one (Calgary). I thought I missed the boat on this. I'm not sure how to pay for it, but considering I stood up Stuart for the VAG match, maybe I'll buy him a plane ticket to TO and he can pay for ours in cash. :)

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

So the cost is $25 (scarf+shipping) EACH or do we only need to add $5 to our scarf total? For myself, that would be $45 (20+20+5) for the two scarves.

Just a word of caution Brennanfan, the postage racks up quickly. I mailed 6 posters today, and the bill was $99 with packaging and shipping. And that was not Express Post, but regular Canada Post.

So the cost is $25 (scarf+shipping) EACH or do we only need to add $5 to our scarf total? For myself, that would be $45 (20+20+5) for the two scarves.

good question.

I don't know what the actual shipping cost is going to be, but even at $25 for each scarf, we were expecting shipping to eat into our expected profit. I'd say $5 shipping for each (just to be safe), but I would welcome any other thoughts.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

:(

I swear I've been checking these boards every day and I never saw this unntil now. If there are any extras I would LOVE to have one...

200 scarves are being made, so yea jamit i'll put you on the list.

I think for the majority of posters like myself who are only ordering 1 or 2 scarves it is fine to charge $5 postage per scarf. It might not be completely fair to charge postage per scarf for those who have ordered 4 or more especially if all the scarves are going to one person in a particular city. However, I will let those who have larger orders speak for themselves on that matter. As I stated before I am willing to distribute the Montreal scarves and since I attend most Impact games and live downtown it should be pretty easy for people to get them from me.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

I don't know what the actual shipping cost is going to be, but even at $25 for each scarf, we were expecting shipping to eat into our expected profit. I'd say $5 shipping for each (just to be safe), but I would welcome any other thoughts.

Go to CanadaPost.Ca, check out actual shipping costs. Since you're shipping a box to each city, you're probably into $20 per city - if you want to use that as an estimate, you should be within $5/city. For a single scarf, walk over to Grand and Toy, buy an 8x10 expandable envelope and carefully fold it so it's 2cm thick. For two scarves, use a box and assume it's $10 or $15. Add in a few dollars if you need to buy a box or some wrapping paper and a marker, and you're set.

If you do this carefully, $5 should be fine. Make sure your singles fit in your envelope, though, because the difference in shipping is $2.50/letter (+$1/envelope) and up to $10/box.

If you want a suggestion on fair-and-equitable shipping costs...$5 each for the first two scarves per shipment, $1 (or $2) for each additional scarf. But $25 for a scarf is quite reasonable and anyone complaining (vs. asking) about the high cost of shipping should be fairly accused of whining. That leaves your distributors to choose whether to charge their people $25 (to cover the inconvenience and risk of being a distributor) or $21. As long as you are transparent BrennanFan no one can accuse someone of hidden dealing for profit.

Archived