Canada v St. V and the G's match thread

Stuart

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

If Friend and Radz are injured, who can we bring in as strikers? Gbeke? Jordan? Placcentino ?Are there any strikers playing in Europe that aren't injured?

Jaime Peters has been playing up front lately. Simeon Jackson is another option. Yes Gbeke is an option for sure especially since we are in Montreal.

Jaime Peters and one of Will Johnson/Andrew Ornoch should be called if those 2 are injured though. I know none are natural strikers but we could put one of them in Issey or DeRo's spot and move one of those guys to forward. We will be fine though matches aren't till August once we pound vag

oh, no wait, I thought the game was in MEX. Stupid Mexicans will sleepwalk through this game and rely on the poisonous fumes and altitude to cheat their way to a win in Azteca like they always do.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

Now to believe in Belize. If they did us a favour tonight, it would be just about a perfect day of football.

Serves to further illustrate the joke that Concacaf is. This result by Canada ( ie.: 3-0 away result, goals scored in the first half) suggests that we had an easier time with these guys than we did with Belize four years ago. And, Belize looked pretty bad to me. Yet, todays opponents were the team that along with St Kitts were drawn into the group with T & T last time and St VAG finished comfortably THIRD in that group!!!!!.

Imagine that. St Kitts and St Vincent in the same group!!! when do you ever see (in Europe) San Marino grouped with Luxembourg?

Add to that the fact that T & T was helped in the hex by Mex to grab that fourth spot. if this isn't proof of Jack "Don" Warner influence, I dont know what is.

PS.: Belize and Mexico are currently tied 0-0 at halftime.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Jaime Peters has been playing up front lately. Simeon Jackson is another option. Yes Gbeke is an option for sure especially since we are in Montreal.

Jaime Peters and one of Will Johnson/Andrew Ornoch should be called if those 2 are injured though. I know none are natural strikers but we could put one of them in Issey or DeRo's spot and move one of those guys to forward. We will be fine though matches aren't till August once we pound vag

Was at the game on Friday and Gbeke was struggling big time. Lost his cool at the end as well. I would choose Placcentino over Gbeke, simply because he has been on fire lately and scored in the last two games.

Does anyone know if Occean is injured or what?

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

Even if Radz and Friend are injured we have ALOT of depth up front

Occean

Gerba

Hume

Lombardo

Will Johnson

De Rosario can play there

You can take a few names off that lists - there's at least two players I would NOT want starting in WCQ as our lone striker.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

You can take a few names off that lists - there's at least two players I would NOT want starting in WCQ as our lone striker.

From my estimation, there is at least fouron that list that I would NOT want starting in WCQ as our lone striker.

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

Even if Radz and Friend are injured we have ALOT of depth up front

Occean

Gerba

Hume

Lombardo

Will Johnson

De Rosario can play there

I am good with Occean, Gerba, and Hume, but Lombardo has shown nothing. He can't even get off the bench at TFC as Jarrod Smith was subbed in yesterday ahead of him. As for Johnson, he might be a useful sub but I can't see him leading us to the hex against the tough group we are likely facing.

Jason

Archived