Canadians abroad: May 23-29, 2008

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 23-29, 2008.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Atiba has scored twice for FCK against Lyngby BK (Wagenaar on the bench). It's 3-1 with 20 minutes to go.

Good to see that Atiba is on a bit of a hot streak. And just in time for WCQ!

Elsewhere in Denmark:

Issey Nakajima-Farran started and was subbed out at 77 minutes in a 3-0 loss home to FC Midtjyland.

Andrew Ornoch had his first start in some time for Esbjerg fB who won 2-1 against Viborg. Andrew played in midfield and came off at 69 minutes with the score 1-0 for Esbjerg.

I was in the mood today and checked out Naestved BK's site to check up on Paris Nakajima-Farran. He made an appearance last week as a sub, but hadn't featured in 5 or 6 matches before that.

Rough day for Giacomi and Kristiansund BK in the Norwegian division 2 as they lost 5-2 away to rivals Strindheim. From the matchtracker it seems like Giacomi cannot be faulted for any of the goals.

Big day coming up for KBK on June 7th when Rosenborg come to visit in the 2nd round of the Norwegian FA cup.

LONDON (AP) - Fulham has released eight players including United States defender...

153 words

23 May 2008

12:33

Associated Press Newswires

English

© 2008. The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

LONDON (AP) - Fulham has released eight players including United States defender Carlos Bocanegra following its escape from Premier League relegation.

Bocanegra played for Fulham since January 2004 and started more than 100 Premier League matches for the Cottagers, but was an irregular pick this season under coach Roy Hodgson.

He played just two matches since January, a 1-0 win over Everton and 2-0 win at Reading.

Jari Litmanen, Philippe Christanval, Simon Elliott, Ian Pearce, Michael Timlin, Ismael Ehui and Bjorn Runstrom were also released.

Litmanen joined Fulham in January but the Finn never played for the club because of injury.

"The club would like to thank the players for their contributions and wishes them all the best for the future," Fulham said Friday.

Canada defender Paul Stalteri also left the club, returning to Tottenham after his loan spell expired.

This release concerning Stalteri has already been brought up.

I think it is mostly just to signal that his formal loan period has expired. I wouldn't rule out him transferring to Fulfham full-time. I hope he doesnt stay at Tottenham, regardless.

Norway:

Another dreadful effort by Lillestrøm as they host HamKam in a battle of bottom-feeders. The game ends 0-0 with hardly a single goal chance. I think the end is near for Lillestrøm-coach Tom Nordlie.

Ademolu scores as Løv-Ham lose 2-1 at home to newly-promoted Sandnes-Ulf.

Kenny Stamatopoulos spends another game on the bench as Tromsø win 2-0 over Lyn.

No sign of Jack Stewart on the pitch or the bench as Moss defeat Sarpsborg Spart 2-1 in Sarpsborg.

quote:Originally posted by JKCanada

Good to see that Atiba is on a bit of a hot streak. And just in time for WCQ!

Indeed. Good seasons for some Canadian players, that's for sure.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the following Canadian players LED THEIR TEAMS IN LEAGUE GOALS this season:

Rob Friend

Iain Hume

Josh Simpson

Tomasz Radzinski

Olivier Occean (Norway season doesn't exactly 'line up')

Also, Atiba Hutchinson had 8 goals this year, one off the team lead of 9.

Very nice!

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the following Canadian players LED THEIR TEAMS IN LEAGUE GOALS this season:

Rob Friend

Iain Hume

Josh Simpson

Tomasz Radzinski

Very nice!

I wonder where Simeon Jackson ranks ?

Rob Friend

Iain Hume

Josh Simpson

Tomasz Radzinski

Very nice!

Friend was actually the second leading scorer in the 2nd Bundesliga with 18 goals behind only Koln's Novakovic who had 20. Simpson's 6 goals were decent for someone on a bad team who was alternating between striker and midfielder but the fact he was the highest scorer for Kaiserslautern shows why they almost got relegated. In fact Kaiserlautern was 2nd last in goals scored in the 2nd BL with 37, only slightly more than half of what Friend scored.

Rob Friend

Iain Hume

Josh Simpson

Tomasz Radzinski

Very nice!

Friend was actually the second leading scorer in the 2nd Bundesliga with 18 goals behind only Koln's Novakovic who had 20. Simpson's 6 goals were decent for someone on a bad team who was alternating between striker and midfielder but the fact he was the highest scorer for Kaiserslautern shows why they almost got relegated. In fact Kaiserlautern was 2nd last in goals scored in the 2nd BL with 37, only slightly more than half of what Friend scored.

Yeah, it's a little early in the season for Norway - Occéan has scored 1/3 of the teams goals 8 games into the season... He sits with 2 of the 6 goals they've scored so far. Putting the ball in the net is a big part of the reason they are stuggling so badly, sitting 2nd last only 1 point up on last place HamKam.

Guest Can. in UK

Jazic put in 90 minutes in a 1-0 loss in the US Cup versus Colorado. Good to see him back!

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

De Ro scored in the 93rd minute yesterday to give Houston a 2-2 draw with Dallas. Onstad & Serioux also played the full match for their respective teams.

Shouldn't Serioux have been suspended for the red card against LA?

Archived