Match Thread: April 27, 2024 - HFX Wanderers v Atletico Ottawa

4 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If as I suspect is the case that is aimed at me why would that conflict with the statement that it's obvious why it didn't work out for him at Barcelona? The gulf in playing standards between CanPL and La Liga is huge.

Thanks Captain Obvious. 

Tell us, which CPL player WOULD it work out for at Barca?

What is your problem? He had the raw talent to make it to a club like Barcelona unlike the vast majority of CanPL players. Commenting on a prime example of why he wasn't able to stay there should be fair game in a thread like this without having you feeling the need to behave like this. Talking about trolls in a context like this suggests you don't even know what the term means.

Just now, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What is your problem? He had the raw talent to make it to a club like Barcelona unlike the vast majority of CanPL players. Commenting on a prime example of why he wasn't able to stay there should be fair game in a thread like this without having you feeling the need to behave like this. Talking about trolls in a context like this suggests you don't even know what the term means.

No problem at all.

Have a wonderful weekend. 

Just got back to our hotel after taking in the game.  Some observations:

Halifax is amazing.  The game was the excuse for this trip but we spent four days in the city and loved it.  

The Halifax crowd is spectacular!  Absolutely great!  Totally packed and everyone having a great time despite the score. 

I laughed when I saw they have happy hour for the hour leading up to kick off.  

The stadium is great. Yes, lacking compared to what they hope to build but should definitely be a model for future CPL expansion teams.  Build one of these, sell it out for three years, and then ask for help with a permanent venue. 

The ref had a terrible day.  Very inconsistent.  And no way was that a red card - yellow, yes, but not red.  It unfortunately took a lot away from a Wanderers team that was already having a tough go of things. Too bad.  I look forward to the year that Halifax puts together a top team because the city already backs them strongly.  Add a winning team and it would be crazy. 

Overall, a tremendous experience.  I encourage anyone with the opportunity to see a game here to take it.