Match Thread: September 13, 2023 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific

narduch

48 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Early game

The early start is due to Atlético Ottawa accommodating the CityFolk festival, which kicks off just outside the stadium this evening. (Actually, it's probably the other way around - CityFolk is accommodating Atlético.) The festival was offering a special deal: "Buy a CityFolk day pass for Sept. 13 and get access to the Atlético Ottawa match that day." Despite that, with a weeknight match and a 5:30 start, I expect this to be the lowest attended match of the year.

Tonight's headliner at CityFolk is Iggy Pop. Will Atlético Search and Destroy against Pacific tonight? Or will they just be The Passenger?

9 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

The early start is due to Atlético Ottawa accommodating the CityFolk festival, which kicks off just outside the stadium this evening. (Actually, it's probably the other way around - CityFolk is accommodating Atlético.) The festival was offering a special deal: "Buy a CityFolk day pass for Sept. 13 and get access to the Atlético Ottawa match that day." Despite that, with a weeknight match and a 5:30 start, I expect this to be the lowest attended match of the year.

Tonight's headliner at CityFolk is Iggy Pop. Will Atlético Search and Destroy against Pacific tonight? Or will they just be The Passenger?

Tonight we find out which team has a Lust for Life

11 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Seems quite generously announced judging from 1:58 of the highlights, but that wouldn't be especially surprising given the unusual kickoff time before he sees the stars come out tonight. Let's ride and ride and ride...

Hey, if you have any issues take it up with Atleti’s communication manager. That figure came straight from him at the post game press conference.  

35 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Hey, if you have any issues take it up with Atleti’s communication manager. That figure came straight from him at the post game press conference. 

This is a fan messageboard where topics like whether the unusual kickoff time had an impact on how many people were actually at the game can and will be discussed in an informal manner. I don't have any issue at all with the notion that 4236 tickets were distributed for this event.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

This is a fan messageboard where topics like whether the unusual kickoff time had an impact on how many people were actually at the game can and will be discussed in an informal manner. I don't have any issue at all with the notion that 4236 tickets were distributed for this event.

I wasn’t sure if your last line was meant to imply something or not so I gave you a direct person to contact if you didn’t believe the figure. 

Let's ride and ride and ride...

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Seems quite generously announced judging from 1:58 of the highlights, but that wouldn't be especially surprising given the unusual kickoff time before he sees the stars come out tonight. Let's ride and ride and ride...

Just put any number out there, and it's a reflex reaction, like those touch sensitive peas, mimosa pudica.

They are fun to play with.

41 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Last line of the initial post is taken from Iggy Pop's most famous song:

So no hidden meaning then?  Song or not?  Good to know.

IP not really my thing.  I'm more of a Rick Astley kinda guy myself.

PS:  I thought 'Lust for Life' was his most famous song.  Oh well.....

Edited by gwsmith63

34 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

So no hidden meaning then?  Song or not?  Good to know.

IP not really my thing.  I'm more of a Rick Astley kinda guy myself.

PS:  I thought 'Lust for Life' was his most famous song.  Oh well.....

Just checked on Spotify and The Passenger has over 200 million more plays than Lust For Life.

Mind blown!