Match Thread: September 13, 2023 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific

narduch

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I'm surprised Gazdov and Amedume continue to get starts even after fulfilling the stupid U21 rule. Last nights penalty aside, have either of them been good enough to deserve it?

Gazdov has done fairly well the last couple games. His previous blunders will haunt him and fans for a while but he comes off his line well and can command his box. He showed against Ottawa that he can come up with big saves. With Amedume I think it's less about how he's playing and more about the fact that the actual two left backs haven't been very good lately. Or maybe Mukumbilwa is getting less time for his recent two yellow game and Vliet is just injured. Who knows? Also have to wonder how Heard is starting over three strikers (he's not bad in that role but I'm sure he prefers the wing).

22 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Gazdov has done fairly well the last couple games. His previous blunders will haunt him and fans for a while but he comes off his line well and can command his box. He showed against Ottawa that he can come up with big saves. With Amedume I think it's less about how he's playing and more about the fact that the actual two left backs haven't been very good lately. Or maybe Mukumbilwa is getting less time for his recent two yellow game and Vliet is just injured. Who knows? Also have to wonder how Heard is starting over three strikers (he's not bad in that role but I'm sure he prefers the wing).

Yeah, I’m surprised Manneh seems to have been given a starting role recently too. Though we haven’t really had anyone lock down an attacking role lately. Everyone dried up at the same time and it’s cost us