Match Thread: August 7, 2023 - HFX Wanderers v Pacific

Short of Henry being in there, this is pretty damn close to the Wanderers best XI I think. Curious exactly how they line up but it's clear that Patrice is swinging for the full 3 points today. As he should. Hope the Wanderers pull through! 

4 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Oi.

That was as brutal a call as you could make.  And he was standing right there!

Terrible.

The problem I have with it is… if you don’t want to give a pen don’t give it.  That’s fine, you still got it wrong… but don’t acknowledge it happened and then call simulation because you have to find a way to make it all work in your mind.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

The problem I have with it is… if you don’t want to give a pen don’t give it.  That’s fine, you still got it wrong… but don’t acknowledge it happened and then call simulation because you have to find a way to make it all work in your mind.

It was bad it happened almost right in front of me and you could almost hear the bodies crashing together. No idea what the ref was looking at or thinking to call simulation. That was one of the worst calls I have seen in any match. For me that is a legit penalty. He basically took him out at the knees. You could just feel the air come out of the stadium and Wanderers after that call. Was a real shame.

Edited by grasshopper1917
spelling

After coming home and watching the hi-lights I think this ref should be released. The first foul was absolutely clearly 100% a penalty. The fact that he somehow deemed it a dive is just unacceptable at this level. Also the the late in the game looked like a penalty too... this ref just gets way too much - way wrong - way too often. 

I am generally not one to be overly critical of officials its a tough job - HOEVER this guy just doesn't seem like he should be working this level.