Olivia Smith

Olivia Smith is leaving Penn State after 1 year. She scored 1 goal and had 1 assist. Her goal rate with Canada's youth teams is almost a goal/match. She was named Canada Youth Player of the Year 2019 and made her senior debut also in 2019. 

She says she prefers playing as a false 9. Receiving the ball in the middle to create opportunities.

She has signed a deal with as yet undisclosed top Euro club. 

• 1 month later...

I find her football I.Q. to be very high, I rate her.

Just in terms of body type, she doesn't look like the type of player who would excel after running for 80+ minutes but she has great power and undeniable skill on the ball.

I would use her as a supersub in the first two matches and then see what happens.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 7/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Very moving video, it's great we can do this. Who would have been left off to open up a spot for her?

Not like for like, but an article (or articles?) I saw seemed to link it to Desiree Scott being out due to injury. Obviously not like for like though, so it could just be that Scott was a notable absence and Smith was a notable addition, so the reporter making their own connections.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beauty of an assist in extra time to advance to Taça de Portugal semis.

Recently signed Canadian Melissa Dagenais was the keeper for Damaiense. Goal scorer was also a recent signee after skipping the NWSL draft. Via Brown University where the 23 yr old American was the Ivy League's Offensive Player of the Year.

Edited by red card

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...