CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Iran - Sunday, June 5 BC Place, Vancouver

THIS FRIENDLY WAS CANCELLED IN THE MORNING OF 26 MAY

INFORMATION ON A POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT RIVAL AND/OR TICKET REFUNDS PENDING

More information on the cancellation available on this thread and habitual news channels

CANCELLED: Canada - Iran    BC Place, Vancouver, Sunday 5 June, 4pm PT / 7pm ET

This was meant to be Canada's first official friendly in preparation for the World Cup.

The squad called up by John Herdman for this match and the Nations League rivals Curaçao and Honduras is here.

Voyageurs ticketing: Tickets refund information is pending.

Canada roster

The Canada call-up was released by the CSA on Wednesday 25 May.

Injuries: David Wotherspoon (knee), Liam Millar (arm).

Eligible after injury affecting previous call-ups: Alphonso Davies, Ayo Akinola, Samuel Piette.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, mhb said:

If I sign up and buy CanadaRed+white membership today, Can I immediatly use it for this match? Or Shoud I wait to recieve phyisical membership card?

They should send out a prepurchase code via email before the presale window opens at 3pm pacific.  I'm not sure how close to the window they'll send it though.  I haven't received anything yet.

44 minutes ago, mhb said:

If I sign up and buy CanadaRed+white membership today, Can I immediatly use it for this match? Or Shoud I wait to recieve phyisical membership card?

Try, but to be honest: our September friendlies will likely be in Europe, so these are the last two Canada matches on home soil before the WC.

BC Place is big enough to not have to rely on a Red and White to get tickets. And the way the stadium is, they'll likely sell the lower bowl first, and only if they see a buoyant reaction will open the upper bowl. So they'll be a second push for tickets, so a 2nd chance at them. Low down upper bowl you actually get a decent view as well, I don't think those are bad seats at all.

1 hour ago, lenny said:

They should send out a prepurchase code via email before the presale window opens at 3pm pacific.  I'm not sure how close to the window they'll send it though.  I haven't received anything yet.

did you register today?

13 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

With Red White, there is a 25% discount for both matches. Kind of anxious to get those as they will go on sale in 1 1/2 hours but I'll hold on to wait for the Voyageurs section to be announced. I'm sure their pricing will be just as good. 

Questions: do the CSA Red White and Red Gold let you buy wherever you want? Could you buy different quantities for each game, even in different locations, and still get the discount for the two-game purchase?

Finally, let us know what ends up showing as available when it opens up, if you don't mind.

(I am not returning to Vancouver until early July, so can't make these, but I am asking to update the thread info).

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Try, but to be honest: our September friendlies will likely be in Europe, so these are the last two Canada matches on home soil before the WC.

BC Place is big enough to not have to rely on a Red and White to get tickets. And the way the stadium is, they'll likely sell the lower bowl first, and only if they see a buoyant reaction will open the upper bowl. So they'll be a second push for tickets, so a 2nd chance at them. Low down upper bowl you actually get a decent view as well, I don't think those are bad seats at all.

Thank you so much for your useful information. Do you can I bought some tickets for my family with one CanadaRed account for a single football match?

It is my first time to BC Place stadium and I don't know which seats are suitable for me and my family(2 kids). Do you have any suggestion about that?

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Questions: do the CSA Red White and Red Gold let you buy wherever you want? Could you buy different quantities for each game, even in different locations, and still get the discount for the two-game purchase?

Finally, let us know what ends up showing as available when it opens up, if you don't mind.

(I am not returning to Vancouver until early July, so can't make these, but I am asking to update the thread info).

These are the questions I was hoping to find answers for. I will update asap. 

1 minute ago, mhb said:

Thank you so much for your useful information. Do you can I bought some tickets for my family with one CanadaRed account for a single football match?

It is my first time to BC Place stadium and I don't know which seats are suitable for me and my family(2 kids). Do you have any suggestion about that?

Just to be clear: you don't have to buy through a Canada Red account. 

You could purchase through general sales when they open, and I am pretty sure there will be availability. It is not going to sell out through the CSA accounts, or else I'd be very surprised as the vast majority of those are in Ontario, not BC.

BC Place has fairly good visibility. You can be in a corner at the top, or up high in the lower bowl, even low down in the upper bowl, and still see well.

But choice of tickets, including pricing and location, is everyone's personal decision.

50 minutes ago, mhb said:

did you register today?

I did.  And with less than 10 minutes until the presale window I haven't received any code.  This after receiving an email this morning urging me to buy a red and white or red and gold membership for this very purpose.

Total incompetence.

I bought a red and white subscription 5 minutes after receiving the Canada Soccer email announcing the Iran game this morning.  I've got no code and the presale I bought access to begins right now.  

Bullshit.

Bulk emails went out from Canada Soccer today.  Chances are if you didn’t sign up before today, you won’t be sent a code.  Having said that, everyone who wants to go to both games should be able to get tickets, especially Curacao.  I wouldn’t wait long for Iran though.

Just now, lenny said:

They sent a email out this morning specifically advertising access to the presales by buying a membership.

If that’s the case, I stand corrected.  The only email I got was 42 mins before the sale window opened for Red & Gold. 

To those awaiting presale codes. 

There is a limited group of people with CSA Red+White or similar. They won't buy out the stadium.

Voyageurs looks like it may go tomorrow Friday, and will be for designated sections.

General sales acc to BC Place begin Saturday at 10am. This means that there will be time during all of Friday for the CSA to sort out codes for those signed up for their programmes. No one else is taking those seats in the meantime except others like you. 

The vast majority of the estimated 7-8000 people signed up for those deals are not in BC and won't be flying out.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Looks like the entire lower bowl is available for Canada Red-White. Except 3 blocked off sections. 

Must purchase both games to receive discount. 

Sections 201 202 and 254 are blocked off and is mostly like for Voyageurs. These sections (201 and 202) are to the right of the tunnel, (as viewed on tv)  behind the goal where Southsiders usually are. 254 is one section over to the left of the tunnel. 

Section 203 for example is $106.75 plus $6.00 = $112.75 for both matches per person. 

My guess, Voyageurs tix will be in the $35 price range pergame per person. 

Edited by Vancouver Fan

Given the late announcement and knowing people would be signing up, literally up until the 3pm pacific release time, they should have had someone at the war room, adding emails to whatever bulk mailer they use.   I mean, it can be done remotely too…

• Unnamed Trialist changed the title to CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Iran - Sunday, June 5 BC Place, Vancouver