Match Thread: May 7, 2022 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific

Have to see that goal in slow mo again. Looked possibly offside to me. Ottawa coach certainly agreed and got a red for it lol

Fun game and two nice sides to watch. Ottawa will be fine. Night and day better than last season. Things will click and settle. Hopefully another decent CB and maybe a better striker and they will be up in playoff challenging territory 

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Have to see that goal in slow mo again. Looked possibly offside to me. Ottawa coach certainly agreed and got a red for it lol

Fun game and two nice sides to watch. Ottawa will be fine. Night and day better than last season. Things will click and settle. Hopefully another decent CB and maybe a better striker and they will be up in playoff challenging territory 

Don't think it was offside.

9 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I thought the vibe seemed really good at this game. Looked like a decent crowd. Ottawa has some nice players, thought Tabla showed his quality. Pacific plays nice football and with Didic at the back, they look like the class of the league at the moment 

Told it was 3555 here today. 

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I thought the vibe seemed really good at this game. Looked like a decent crowd. Ottawa has some nice players, thought Tabla showed his quality. Pacific plays nice football and with Didic at the back, they look like the class of the league at the moment 

I would have to concur; the crowd was way more vocal and animated than usual.  And no one in the crowd seemed overly upset at the loss because they were entertained and there was no lack of effort.  But I would say that even though Valour won here 6-1, this Pacific side is of a better quality overall even though they had to hang on.

5 hours ago, narduch said:

Pacific win 1-0.

Great action at after the Pacific goal as Ottawa tried to equalize

A clear game of two halves. First half we looked to once again play a possession game without finishing. Second half (and especially after some subs) we looked far more attack-minded.

Also, watching Irving save our bacon multiple times how was he NOT the MoM? I love Diaz bt come on, without those key saveS we would have been done.

6 hours ago, ted said:

Also, watching Irving save our bacon multiple times how was he NOT the MoM? I love Diaz bt come on, without those key saveS we would have been done.

I thought the exact same thing when they announced Diaz as “Performer of the Match”.  Lazy and meaningless. It’s hardly the first time they have just awarded it to the winning goal scorer, regardless of overall performance.  Not that Diaz was bad but I agree with you: it was Irving hands down for me. 

Edited by shorty