Match Thread: Island Games - September 1, 2020 - Edmonton v York 9

narduch

15 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Goodbye Paulus

He was done already. Which is sad but likely necessary. He did however have lots against him. Losing the foreign imports that would have changed the way they play, losing Didic, terrible first two games pitted against forge and Cavs. Lots of gambles on players that ultimately didn't click or play to their potential. They simply couldn't play to their strengths or offer Ongaro anything. Every chance at a cross was 2 or 3 touches instead of some first time crosses, by which time the opportunity was lost.

Turning to York another limp and uninspiring performance with Halley adding some excitement. However their future is in their own hands. A midfield of Manny, Di Chiara and Manella (finally) should be fun. Shame petrasso is likely not back.

York will hope Valour and Pacific dont take the points tomorrow. Either way the mentality hast to be a must win at the weekend. 

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

He was done already. Which is sad but likely necessary. He did however have lots against him. Losing the foreign imports that would have changed the way they play, losing Didic, terrible first two games pitted against forge and Cavs. Lots of gambles on players that ultimately didn't click or play to their potential. They simply couldn't play to their strengths or offer Ongaro anything. Every chance at a cross was 2 or 3 touches instead of some first time crosses, by which time the opportunity was lost.

Turning to York another limp and uninspiring performance with Halley adding some excitement. However their future is in their own hands. A midfield of Manny, Di Chiara and Manella (finally) should be fun. Shame petrasso is likely not back.

York will hope Valour and Pacific dont take the points tomorrow. Either way the mentality hast to be a must win at the weekend. 

Jimmy said he hopes Petrasso is on the bench for the next game, where did you hear he was done?

I thought York played ok. The defense was solid and Fugo might be better than Abzi right now. Hoping to see Mannella, Manny and JDC in the midfield next game but probably should hold off on Mannella and start Fushi in a huge game. 

11 hours ago, Ansem said:

York = I remain unconvinced and disappointed. They should be much better than this. Where would they be without Aparicio & Di Chiara?

I'm with you on this.  For all the offensive talent they have they leave you scratching your head.

Without the set pieces they have not looked dangerous in attack at all.  Outside of the one play last night where Telfer had a heavy touch alone in the box they never looked like they were going to get a second.  They weren't dangerous against Valour, didn't look like they were ever going to get a second against 10 men HFX, or in the Pacific game.

The forwards have scored 2 goals in 6 games and one of them was a 16 year old on his debut.  Simply put that is not good enough.

Unconvincing again. But we avoided the banana skin for once. Take it and run. I don't think we will get away with losing to Cavalry though, I think we NEED a draw or we're going out, looking at Pacific's last 2. Also think Valour and HFX playing each other doesn't bode well for us. Thankfully they are in poor form but I'm not holding my breath. York 9 has nothing to be confident about.