Match Thread: Island Games - September 1, 2020 - Edmonton v York 9

narduch

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

same time as TFC again. ugh

7 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

That's true I'll watch York9 for sure. Just wondering who will miss out because of the timing. 

Soccer-wise, they have zero opposition in the United States on Fox. (No US-based MLS teams, no Liga MX games.)

Call me crazy but I'd like to see something a little different tonight to see if we can have a more threatening attack.  Di Chiara is suspended so things will have to change.  Assuming Mannella and Petrasso are still out but hoping Ingham and Abzi will be back.

------------------Rivero-------Vasconcelos-------------------

--------------------------Altobelli-----------------------------------

---------------Murofushi-----Aparicio-----------------------

Abzi--------------------------------------------------------Porter

----------Arnone---Gasparotto---Thompson-----------

---------------------------Ingham----------------------------------

1 hour ago, Stouffvillain said:

Call me crazy but I'd like to see something a little different tonight to see if we can have a more threatening attack.  Di Chiara is suspended so things will have to change.  Assuming Mannella and Petrasso are still out but hoping Ingham and Abzi will be back.

------------------Rivero-------Vasconcelos-------------------

--------------------------Altobelli-----------------------------------

---------------Murofushi-----Aparicio-----------------------

Abzi--------------------------------------------------------Porter

----------Arnone---Gasparotto---Thompson-----------

---------------------------Ingham----------------------------------

abzi is hurt. no telfer? I wouldnt try 3 at the back vs the worst team either. 

Mannella should be on the bench tonight and Petrasso should be available for the last game. 

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

Do we know what Manella’s injury is? I somehow was under the impression that he has been on the verge of coming back every game.

I think it is a hamstring injury. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

abzi is hurt. no telfer? I wouldnt try 3 at the back vs the worst team either. 

Mannella should be on the bench tonight and Petrasso should be available for the last game. 

I've not seen anything on the extent of Abzi's injury.  The lack of injury information throughout the league is a bit annoying.  I would put Telfer at LWB then. 

The thinking on the three CB's is that it would promote the wingbacks to attack more while still having cover at the back.  Having two strikers playing centrally would promote more attack through the middle which we've been lacking and FCE hasn't been good at defending. 

Contender for stinker of the tournament.

Potentially saved by a questionable freekick decision and Manny making a difference again.

I don't understand why Edmonton cannot play wide and put crosses in for Ongaro. Complete dilemmas for both sides in attack and far too much hesitation, backwards passing and sloppy possession.

Manny Aparicio bending it like Beckham. 

Ijah Halley  has the tools, athleticism to become our next big thing. The way he drove up the field right after coming on reminded me of Ruud Gullit.

He just needs to keep his head up and work on his soccer IQ, overall decision making and the sky is the limit for him. 

Edit: after witnessing a few heavy touches, he should probably work on that as well. Perhaps, utilizing the Coerver Method.

Edited by Macksam