Noah Abatneh

VinceA

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Guys like him and Coimbra are exactly who should be playing CPL. Clearly they have potential if they were getting picked up by those types of academies, it’ll be great seeing how they stack up against players domestically. 

I think the last U20 qualifiers were a great eye-opener for the young players who headed overseas to play in European youth systems (Abatneh, Costa, Pellegrino) when they were clearly outplayed by players who stayed in CPL (Poku, Wright. Habibulah) or MLS Next (Franklin, Mbongue).  Granted, the 3 I mentioned that went to Europe are a year younger than those who stayed other than Mbongue.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Guys like him and Coimbra are exactly who should be playing CPL. Clearly they have potential if they were getting picked up by those types of academies, it’ll be great seeing how they stack up against players domestically. 

I’d still like to see more MLS academy players making the move instead of eventually rotting on the bench, but this is a good sign for sure. It’s great they’re making the move as teenagers instead of when they get to their early 20s.