Noah Abatneh

VinceA

Neat to see him in this video at age ten  (out of Ottawa) talking about "work work work" to make your dreams come true. Congrats to the young man - he obviously continued in this vein: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2489449648

Looks like his other nationality is Eritrean.

http://www.football-talents.fr/Noah_Sewonet_Abatneh-3_7-315267-5.html

That might bode well for the prospect of him playing for Canada at some point. Looks like he turns 16 in September so still quite young and great to see him developing at such special clubs.

Edited by nolando

8 hours ago, El Diego said:

Why is a kid with that skill set shown in the video playing right back? Are all his team mates insanely skilled?

Really well coached team, all taught to express them selves. The TD would be an asset to any club in Canada. 

11 hours ago, El Diego said:

Why is a kid with that skill set shown in the video playing right back? Are all his team mates insanely skilled?

Wait a minute, I thought RB was the most important position on the pitch and that's why we needed our best player to play there for the national team?

;)

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Really well coached team, all taught to express them selves. The TD would be an asset to any club in Canada. 

Would love to see full matches of this club, I can't really get a handle on his team mates from the clips. He has a really interesting skill set for a full back, one you would usually associate with an attacking midfielder. Of course, I have only watched a 3 minute clip of him 🙃

Great move and exciting place to learn. Hope he settles and gets some great experience. The fact it looks like he was in Roma before bodes well for acclimatizing. Congrats to Noah! We looking forward to hopefully a long journey of online stalking his career, future hysteria about cap tie or losing him to another country!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

A youth coach congratulating him confirms this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXjc2q2qzfl/

Translation of the coaches post which also almost identical as whats written in the article he linked:

A special afternoon for a young eagle who finds an exciting gift under the Christmas tree. A call arrives from overseas, directly from America. The Canadian Under 20 national team calls Lazio player Noah Abatneh on appeal. An immense satisfaction for Noah Abatneh, as well as for the Lazio Youth Sector, led by Mauro Bianchessi, which boasts no less than 22 'nationals', that is the players called up by their respective countries since the beginning of this season ....
SHOW WHAT YOU'RE WORTH!

Edit to add link to article:

https://piccoleaquile1900.altervista.org/nazionale-la-chiamata-arriva-doltreoceano-abatneh-vola-in-america/

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

I’m a Lazio fan. Just a heads up for people praying for him to come through the ranks. Lazio has had 2 players (Danilo Cataldi, Raul Moro) come through the ranks, and become a piece players. They do a very poor job developing their own talent. 

They get almost all of their players from the balkin countries, Spain, South America, and around Italy. 

His chances of ever playing for them is very slim. 

11 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

I’m a Lazio fan. Just a heads up for people praying for him to come through the ranks. Lazio has had 2 players (Danilo Cataldi, Raul Moro) come through the ranks, and become a piece players. They do a very poor job developing their own talent. 

They get almost all of their players from the balkin countries, Spain, South America, and around Italy. 

His chances of ever playing for them is very slim. 

That's unfortunate, but, it seems like Italian youth development overall has improved in the 5 years with all the young talent on their national team now so maybe, just maybe this could potentially work? If not, what are the chances another club picks him up? Like Bologna so he can secure that loan move to CF Montreal lol.