Match Thread: June 15, 2019 - FC Edmonton v Cavalry FC

Just now, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Why do I get the feeling Cavalry will nip a goal in the final minute for the win?  A win by Eddies would open up a glimmer of hope for Forge and they've certainly had the run of play and best chances so far today.  How Diouck failed to get a shot on net with that much space inside 10 yards is mind-boggling.

The Faths don't paper the house with freebies, so FCE have been ridiculed for low crowds over the years, but they have had more staying power than many of the franchises that announced higher tickets distributed numbers. Never thought I would say this but I think they might have been better off sticking with Colin Miller.

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

Edmonton is really the worst team in the league as predicted with all these low budget signings..hopefully they get a new owner who is willing to spend more

The only reason there ever was or still is a team is because of the ownership group; Tom and Dave Fath. They spent big and lost a lot of money on the NASL version of the team and they have NEVER shied away from spending what was needed on players, travel etc. The same is true now. Lack of budget is definitely NOT the issue. The pieces look good on paper but are not working together. That is on the coaches that scouted and picked the players and the players themselves who can't seem to come together into a cohesive unit. 

If you think the ownership is the problem then you really don't know squat. Get yourself educated about FCE and don't talk shit about the GodFATHer again.

There really is no problem as they have a team and there is no relegation so even if they finish dead last paulus will probably still be there..would simply be better if fresh hungry owners with deep pockets would be willing to step in as recently there has been too much emphasis on not losing money..it was clear with this squad they would be near bottom..even foreigners seem very low budget signings for example marcelin at close to 33 from npsl and diouck from d4 belgium

Are you suggesting that FCE have significantly underspent relative to the salary cap? That seems a bit far-fetched. Think they need a new GM rather than a new owner. Their big mistake this season was being in too much of a rush to sign players. The Cavalry and Forge made some very strong signings close to the start of the season by waiting for players to become available after things didn't work out for them elsewhere.

I never want to see Colin Miller as coach again! Has the creativity of a peanut. 11 guys behind the ball  and looking to draw a penalty.

The defending on this current FCED is atrocious. That's an attitude issue.  

It's still early in the season. FCED isn't getting much from the wingers (REB, DOUICK, ESUA). Dominating the first half against the top team is progress. The season is early.

Who's the new signing? was on the bench - CHRIS EZOU? . I hope some local traliist are brought into training to spice things up. Saiko, Rago, Hamilton etc.

2 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

I never want to see Colin Miller as coach again! Has the creativity of a peanut. 11 guys behind the ball  and looking to draw a penalty.

The defending on this current FCED is atrocious. That's an attitude issue.  

It's still early in the season. FCED isn't getting much from the wingers (REB, DOUICK, ESUA). Dominating the first half against the top team is progress. The season is early.

Who's the new signing? was on the bench - CHRIS EZOU? . I hope some local traliist are brought into training to spice things up. Saiko, Rago, Hamilton etc.

The Saiko, Rago, Hamilton possibilities are an attractive thought but I think that the ego of Colin Miller was such that he decided to show all the local guys who was the boss; even if it meant running some very good players out of the team. After they all got kicked in the head and/or the testicles I doubt that any of them would come back to FCE. Even though Miller is gone, Paulus was the assistant coach then and I can't see any way that he could possibly mend all the bridges that were burnt. Most of those guys have moved on into regular day jobs and the last time I checked some of them were playing for Edmonton Scottish in one of the premier men's leagues in the area. Miller definitely left behind a legacy of a scorched earth policy and then he gets to run away and leave the damage for others to deal with.