FC Edmonton 2017 season

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Jordan Hamilton far, far away from FC Edmonton. He's doing well in his limited minutes in MLS this year, I want him to push for more. Also, why would TFC send him to Edmonton when can play either MLS or USL as they require?

Regarding Bustos, again, why would Whitecaps send him to Edmonton when can play either MLS or USL as they require? Plus, FC Edmonton already has a flashy midfielder that loses the ball a lot in Corea.

Shome on the other hand, that would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Fordyce returns: FC Edmonton welcomes back team’s all-time leading scorer

“When Colin gave me the phone call I said ‘Let’s make it work,’ and thankfully [FC Edmonton co-owner] Tom Fath, Colin and my agent made it work quickly,” Fordyce said.

Fordyce said he came to realization fairly quickly that the USL wasn’t for him. Even though the USL is now officially equal to the NASL in having second-division status, Fordyce feels there is a big gap in quality between the leagues.

“After every game, I just wasn’t happy,” said Fordyce. “I have nothing but good things to say about the FC Cincinnati. I can’t say enough about the club. They treated Tina and me really well, and they gave us whatever we asked for. But there is a big difference in terms of quality, and I am, the kind of player who wants to play against better opposition. There are times where the USL felt like an under-18 league. You are playing against a lot of reserve teams, and to me it kind of felt like I was back in England playing on a reserve team.”

https://the11.ca/fordyce-returns-fc-edmonton-welcomes-back-teams-all-time-leading-scorer/

Straith out, Fordyce back. I find that Fordyce post hilarious. Maybe FC Edmonton fans have another view of him, but when I have watched he was terrible. His stats aren't good either. He scored 28 goals in 4 seasons. Midfielder rate. Goes to Cinci and can't get a game. Injuries and all but 9 games and he can't put the ball in the net.

I hope Edmonton finds a legit goal scoring striker.

The games I watched he was listed as a forward. He definitely didn't play off the backs of the defenders though, largely because I think he knows he doesn't have the pace to do that. On every major website you can find actually, he is listed as a forward.

Even the11.ca said: "the Eddies are in need of a player who can create chances for the strikers — and fill in as an out and out forward."

But yes, he usually comes out looking like a midfielder.

2 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

Straith out, Fordyce back. I find that Fordyce post hilarious. Maybe FC Edmonton fans have another view of him, but when I have watched he was terrible. His stats aren't good either. He scored 28 goals in 4 seasons. Midfielder rate. Goes to Cinci and can't get a game. Injuries and all but 9 games and he can't put the ball in the net.

I hope Edmonton finds a legit goal scoring striker.

Fordyce typically played in more of an advanced mid role. He'll consistently get you 6-8 goals a year. Decent finisher, but doesn't get a tonne of chances.

From what I've seen with his play, he's a lot more consistent than Ameobi, who at one point was scoring a goal a game In NASL, but has barely scored the last 2 years. There's also Keegan who can only score when Callum Irving lays the ball down at his feet for him.

Fordyce will help a bit, but if he's the only piece added, the Eddies are in a lot of trouble.

22 hours ago, shermanator said:

Fordyce typically played in more of an advanced mid role. He'll consistently get you 6-8 goals a year. Decent finisher, but doesn't get a tonne of chances.

From what I've seen with his play, he's a lot more consistent than Ameobi, who at one point was scoring a goal a game In NASL, but has barely scored the last 2 years. There's also Keegan who can only score when Callum Irving lays the ball down at his feet for him.

Fordyce will help a bit, but if he's the only piece added, the Eddies are in a lot of trouble.

Fordyce also dealt with an injury, tendinitis in the heel for about a year where he wasn't that effective but overall he's been a consistent player for the Eddies otherwise. They do need more pieces added so hopefully that is in play for the Fall season.

Archived