The CPL SHOULD and MUST be better than MLS

Guys, the negativity and self-deprecation from Canadians on CPL isn't productive. Stop seeing MLS as even a good league when it's clearly in the garbage pile of leagues in the world. MLS wouldn't win Oceania's champions league and right now China is clearly ahead of them. If done correctly, the CPL should surpass MLS in quality of play and reputation in less than 5 seasons from launching. If Australia can have a league superior to MLS in less time, why can't Canada? Those 2 countries are similar to each other than they are to the US and right now NOBODY should look to the Yanks on how to improve anything. The CPL should NOT have anything to do with the MLS and follow examples of 100+ leagues that are better than MLS.

3 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

Stop seeing MLS as even a good league when it's clearly in the garbage pile of leagues in the world.

[snip]

If Australia can have a league superior to MLS in less time, why can't Canada?

This is your OPINION and not supported by the facts. I have seen no credible commentary anywhere from any sports journalist or experienced player that supports these claims. The MLS is by no means equal in anything to the EPL, Serie A or Bundesliga but I feel safe in saying it is AT LEAST EQUAL to the Danish, Swedish, Chinese and Australian leagues, if not superior.

Now all that said you seem to be confusing business and soccer, off-field and on-field matters. The CanPL would do well to learn from MLS on the business side. They have done reasonably well on that front and their failures and successes have much to teach any new league in Canada. 

And BTW starting yet another thread on basically the same topic (The MLS Sucks Thread and MLS Acceptance around the world) should be cause for a warning at the least.

3 hours ago, ted said:

I feel safe in saying it is AT LEAST EQUAL to the Danish, Swedish

No

3 hours ago, ted said:

Australian leagues, if not superior

Superior? No

3 hours ago, ted said:

Now all that said you seem to be confusing business and soccer, off-field and on-field matters. The CanPL would do well to learn from MLS on the business side. They have done reasonably well on that front and their failures and successes have much to teach any new league in Canada. 

Absolutely 

18 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

Guys, the negativity and self-deprecation from Canadians on CPL isn't productive. Stop seeing MLS as even a good league when it's clearly in the garbage pile of leagues in the world. MLS wouldn't win Oceania's champions league and right now China is clearly ahead of them. If done correctly, the CPL should surpass MLS in quality of play and reputation in less than 5 seasons from launching. If Australia can have a league superior to MLS in less time, why can't Canada? Those 2 countries are similar to each other than they are to the US and right now NOBODY should look to the Yanks on how to improve anything. The CPL should NOT have anything to do with the MLS and follow examples of 100+ leagues that are better than MLS.

I'm not sure what it's gonna be but I do think this attitude is a good one to have.  There is no point aiming low.  Might as well aim high.

That being said, if it takes time and isn't better than MLS initially/quickly I don't want to see people get discouraged.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

It isn't about aiming high, or low. It's about aiming long. 

It's about it being ours and making it the best it can be. 

If someone feels the need to compare it to anything, they are already missing the point. 

Wait a minute.  You stop that.  Common sense isn't allowed on these boards lol

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, Canada should be a lot more confident and believe the CPL can easily eclipse MLS in quality. It's not that difficult, just avoid MLS's nonsense and have a well-organized soccer pyramid and management that will hire competent coaches and players. If Australia can have a league better than MLS spending much less money, Canada should do it too.

On 2017-01-31 at 11:37 PM, Mister215Guy said:

If Australia can have a league better than MLS spending much less money, Canada should do it too.

OMG that is funny. How in the world is the A-League better than MLS by any measurable metric?

It's one thing to have an opinion, but to continue to spout an opinion based on delusional alternative facts is pointless.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think the only question worth exploring where Mister215Guy is concerned is who is using this account as a sockpuppet and why, because the stuff that is being posted is just too off base to be someone posting their genuine opinion.

Sweet Jesus, I think we have found something you, Matty and Complete Homer agree on.

THE END IS NIGH!!!

6 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think the only question worth exploring where Mister215Guy is concerned is who is using this account as a sockpuppet and why, because the stuff that is being posted is just too off base to be someone posting their genuine opinion.

Speaking of sockpuppets...have you walked by a mirror lately?

On 2017-02-03 at 7:04 PM, Mister215Guy said:

I'm not a goddamn sock puppet! I'm a recently converted Canadian fan who hates everything about the USA. 

Would the CPL do something as classless as this?

OMG There it is, the smoking gun. I take back every time I disagreed. Mister215Guy has exposed the truth!!!!

MLS MUST DIE A PAINFULL DEATH!!?!?!!?!??!!!!!

The video evidence is undeniable!!!!!!!  No professional player, in any quality league, at any time on this planet has ever been nutmegged before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.... wait...

</sarcasm>

Are you bloody serious? The only thing this proves is that you are a troll who has never watched the leagues you speak of.

EDIT: OMG I just realized you are even more of a troll than I thought!

That was a post from the NY team, not the freaking league. If you think that wouldn't in the EPL you are delusional.

Archived