Stefan Cebara released by Zlate Moravce

Toje

Stefan Cebara was released by Zlate Moravce (Slovak 1st tier) a few weeks back.  He played 31 games with Zlate Moravce scoring two goals.  Previously, he played in Slovenia and Hungary.  Since  2013, he has 5 caps for Canada.

Haven't heard anything about him being on trial with a club in Slovakia (pre season has already started), so perhaps he might look to Slovenia again or Hungary?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

His first game and start for Utenis Utena. He's #14 in blue playing up top. The goal came from a rebound on his shot.

The level is lower than Slovakia and Slovenia but glad he got a contract somewhere. It shows that he's a hardworking player as he was in this situation a few times and always signed somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJo3MDwxpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5IXt2NwVc

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, matty said:

Cebara has joined Serbia's FK Vojvodina. This is a massive move as they're made it to Europa League every year since 2011 (only missing once since 2008). Could be a big comeback for him.

http://www.sportske.net/vest/domaci-fudbal/vojvodina-pojacala-vezni-red-306936.html

Wow. One of my ex-co-workers used to support this club when he was growing up. They're pretty much the third biggest club in Serbia these days.

• 2 months later...

He played in a Serbian Cup match on September 21st and scored in a Vojvodina 2-1 victory.

The Serbian league is a step up from the Slovak league, but only with regards to the top 3.  There is a big drop off in both leagues after the top 3 clubs (or so).  I have watched a few Serbian league matches, and the soccer was usually poor.

Edited by Toje

Stefan Cebara, should join a MLS team next year. He would be awesome in MLS. Also he would have a better chance at getting back to the national team. 

Personally I really think he could be really good with today's national team and useful. Also he plays  multiple positions 

36 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Stefan Cebara, should join a MLS team next year. He would be awesome in MLS. Also he would have a better chance at getting back to the national team. 

Personally I really think he could be really good with today's national team and useful. Also he plays  multiple positions 

I don't see an MLS team signing him. CPL seems like a safer bet.

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

He made his debut already with Vojvodina in the Serbian SuperLiga, how likely would it be to convince him to play in the CPL? Stefan might benefit from that since he could get a much closer look from OZ. No doubt about it, this guy has talent, no longer young (26) but has some good years left in him

From my chats with him a few years ago, he'd be willing if the league was serious and done right.

1 hour ago, matty said:

From my chats with him a few years ago, he'd be willing if the league was serious and done right.

Matty, do you know why he was dropped/ kinda  vanished from the national team? Clearly he's a skilled player, can defend and has pace. Also He played against some tough teams with Canada; Japan ,  Australia , Slovenia  , Belarus. Yes he's main  position is a right midfielder but he also played right back for Canada and from the highlights he didn't look bad at right back. 

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Matty, do you know why he was dropped/ kinda  vanished from the national team? Clearly he's a skilled player, can defend and has pace. Also He played against some tough teams with Canada; Japan ,  Australia , Slovenia  , Belarus. Yes he's main  position is a right midfielder but he also played right back for Canada and from the highlights he didn't look bad at right back. 

not an exact reason but he had a good year~ there where he was hurt a lot and struggled to find a team at a time when Floro wanted everyone to have a team.

• 1 year later...