2016-17 CCL

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2017 at 1:12 AM, Dub Narcotic said:

TSN has the CCL game.

So, live game coverage tonight on TSN?  I better not miss this one too.  And I assume (given the starting time) that it is Van's home game...?

Will be great to see what VWC can do against Tigres.  They will be tough as hell, but you never know - anything is possible over 90 minutes.  Would love to see Davies be a difference-maker.

I wonder if the "Voyageurs Cup and CCL" heading could be added to the list of quick link forums that pop up when you hover over the Forum tab at the top of the page.  I am not sure how others navigate the site, but that tab includes most of the forums I usually check in on (mostly CMNT, Canadian Teams & Leagues, some MLS, and the CWNT when there is a tourney going on).  The one conspicuous absence - at least for me - is the "Voyageurs Cup and CCL" thread - which I would probably check in on a lot more if it were in that top tab bar.

I know I can find it if I look - clicking on the "All Forums" link is pretty easy.  But for whatever reason I tend to mostly use the 'hover tabs' so I often overlook that section.  You may get increased foot traffic in that section if it got included in the top-level list.

Just my $0.02.   

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

So, live game coverage tonight on TSN?  I better not miss this one too.  And I assume (given the starting time) that it is Van's home game...?

Will be great to see what VWC can do against Tigres.  They will be tough as hell, but you never know - anything is possible over 90 minutes.  Would love to see Davies be a difference-maker.

Tonight's match is in Mexico; 9 PM CT (10 PM ET).

And I thought it was late for me in mountain time. PVR for those who are east or sleepy. Should be a great game. Here's hoping Davies gets some central American experience and scores.

Considering who didn't play against San Jose expect the whole first team. They might run Hurtado & Manneh at them for a half just to push them back or maybe one at a time to keep them honest the whole game? 

DeJong is not having a great game.  Some sloppy fouls earned a yellow.  Flubbed a clearance that led to a scoring opportunity for tigres.  Has the responsibility of taking the set pieces but hasn't delivered anything dangerous.

Davies is the real deal.  So calm on the ball.  I need him on the CMNT asap.

Well, 2-0 down going into the second leg at home is not great, although not insurmountable either. The gulf in class between Whitecaps and Tigres was on display for most of the game though, and I think the result flatters the Whitecaps actually. Better finishing and it's 4-0 Tigres going to Vancouver. Whitecaps offered so little going forward, and spent far too much time defending. 

Shea was absolutely terrible. Montero was invisible. Davies looked like he could hang with Tigres, but didn't have much of an impact on the game. Jacobson and Williams looked out of their league as average MLS players against Liga MX calibre talent. Laba was clunky to start and gassed at the end. Mezquida blew the best chance of the night to get even. I thought Parker was the best Whitecap on the night, and Waston played well outside of his gaffe / own goal. Ousted was pretty good as well.

5 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Brek Shea is so bad he makes Erik Hurtado look good.

2 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Terrible finishing from the Caps forwards on their few chances.  Just bad.  And that dive from Shea, pathetic!  My God!

That Shea guy made my eyes bleed

Down 0-2 going home. Aside from the own goal we played well. Davies was totally gassed when they finally subbed him. Good outing for him. Still holds onto the ball too long in the middle.

We had 2 great chances and got zero goals. Ousted kept it close with several excellent saves but ya gotta score if you want to win.

Archived