Canada vs Mexico Viewing Parties

Admin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Will be  watching  the  game   with  a  good  friend  at  my  house.   and  2  Catholic  Priests  from  the  Church  across  the  road.

Gigi, if your in Guelph, come to Kitchener! We're not that far away!

On 2/29/2016 at 4:43 PM, admin said:

In order to make a Canada vs Mexico viewing party you must ensure the following.

1. The bar will have sound

2. You must make a Facebook event and actively promote

3. The Facebook event should link back to The Voyageurs site.

4. The event should be for both games

We will be doing things for these events in coordination with the CSA based on how many confirmed people you have at the event via FB.  So push the social media side and encourage people, the bar ect.. to invite people and share the event.

Some bars and cities which have an ongoing event history may override events people create.  So please don't create an event in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton or Vancouver unless you know you should be making it.    If you are unsure, please contact me before making the event.

Post the details in this thread and we will combine them all on the front page.  These events will then be promoted by the CSA.

Thanks

Is the CSA going to do any promotion for these events?

Hey guys

The Hamilton viewing party is in a bit of turmoil right now. Due to a Garth Brooks concert, our usual spots on Augusta and the Anchor Bar are already booked. I'm trying to see if the Boston Pizza at Centre Mall will have us but if anyone wants to make any other recommendations for a bar that will have TSN2 please let me know ASAP.

2 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

Hey guys

The Hamilton viewing party is in a bit of turmoil right now. Due to a Garth Brooks concert, our usual spots on Augusta and the Anchor Bar are already booked. I'm trying to see if the Boston Pizza at Centre Mall will have us but if anyone wants to make any other recommendations for a bar that will have TSN2 please let me know ASAP.

You could try the other side of Mac? BP and crabby joes in that area and both are on the main st bus line.

2 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Hey Jamie, when do you need to know by. I've spoken with Marauder (as he has most of the Hamilton group's contact information) and he'll be making the Facebook event when he gets home from work.

Just do it., I'll add it tot he page they will send out.  It will likely just be the front page of the site.

22 minutes ago, roue said:

We'll be doing an informal viewing at Shoeless Joe's , Meadowvale , at least 5 of us there , they don't turn sound up though , which can be a blessing if Forrest is doing the colour .

It'll be Wileman and De Vos.

Confirmed the Oshawa event is going to have sound.

St. Louis Bar and Grill (North Oshawa location)

10 confirmed attendees.

Check FB for event and reply if coming so I can call and get more space.

If you're from the Area look up the group on FB -> Durham Voyageurs Canadian Soccer Supporters.  Twitter -> @DurhamVoyageurs

or me on FB Lank Nesh Cheers

Since there doesn't seem to be anyone in Windsor and I won't be able to find a place to watch with sound anyways if there is anyone who wants to watch, message me.  I'll be with a couple of friends somewhere watching.

1 hour ago, Rheo said:

Since there doesn't seem to be anyone in Windsor and I won't be able to find a place to watch with sound anyways if there is anyone who wants to watch, message me.  I'll be with a couple of friends somewhere watching.

Man, I wish I was still there for you. Most I could get out with be like 2 or 3.

I use to watch them near the trio of bar's near the University there. I specifically remember celebrating the 2-2 draw with the Gerba goals in 08.

Rough days, I don't miss them.

Where are you watching the game?

Archived