Canada vs Mexico Viewing Parties

Admin

In order to make a Canada vs Mexico viewing party you must ensure the following.

1. The bar will have sound

2. You must make a Facebook event and actively promote

3. The Facebook event should link back to The Voyageurs site.

4. The event should be for both games

We will be doing things for these events in coordination with the CSA based on how many confirmed people you have at the event via FB.  So push the social media side and encourage people, the bar ect.. to invite people and share the event.

Some bars and cities which have an ongoing event history may override events people create.  So please don't create an event in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton or Vancouver unless you know you should be making it.    If you are unsure, please contact me before making the event.

Post the details in this thread and we will combine them all on the front page.  These events will then be promoted by the CSA.

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

I'd like to open up the idea of having a Toronto watch at shoeless joes or a downtown core bar. This could be an additional venue. Scallywag is a commute, parking is tough is mot great, bar is relatively small. 

Yeah, I am open to that.

Scally's has I think the largest Green P in the city right next door and is on the Yonge line though.

I really did not like having shit sound on the roof.

I'll contact The Lobby guys in Regina and see what they think. Are there any more details I can give them about exactly how the CSA is going to be involved?

It's a bit more difficult if I'm going to Vancouver and if I'm still away for the Azteca match, but I will do what I can.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Yeah, I am open to that.

Scally's has I think the largest Green P in the city right next door and is on the Yonge line though.

I really did not like having shit sound on the roof.

Yeah there's like 1K Green P spots within a block of the place.  The one thing I've always thought Scally's had was great parking.

I wonder if they would be open to showing it on both levels?  Even for the El Salvador match the lower level was filled about 30 mins before the match

Looking for someone to act as the host and promoter for Saskatoon. I can organize everything with Sports On Tap and get that all set up but since I'll be both heading to Vancouver and then on to Mexico I won't be here for either match. Would be great to put on viewing parties for both matches to continue what was started for the yank friendly. Plz Facebook message or tweet me, check that more often than my messages here tbh.

5 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

Looking for someone to act as the host and promoter for Saskatoon. I can organize everything with Sports On Tap and get that all set up but since I'll be both heading to Vancouver and then on to Mexico I won't be here for either match. Would be great to put on viewing parties for both matches to continue what was started for the yank friendly. Plz Facebook message or tweet me, check that more often than my messages here tbh.

Just start the FB event now anyway.  Find a host after.

14 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

I'd like to open up the idea of having a Toronto watch at shoeless joes or a downtown core bar. This could be an additional venue. Scallywag is a commute, parking is tough is mot great, bar is relatively small. 

I like the idea of an additional venue in the downtown core

11 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Maybe you can leave someone the keys to your place and people can still go over while your gone?

25 minutes ago, theaub said:

Also its a Friday night and the Raptors play at 8 so the chances of getting sound at a non-soccer bar (especially for the start of the match) are pretty much zero.

Joe's is a better venue for watching a game. But the soccer game would start later which is a problem.

We would really have to be solid on the numbers and book the venue.

It is a long weekend, which tends to make Toronto a ghost town.

14 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

I'll contact The Lobby guys in Regina and see what they think. Are there any more details I can give them about exactly how the CSA is going to be involved?

It's a bit more difficult if I'm going to Vancouver and if I'm still away for the Azteca match, but I will do what I can.

They will promote it, and if the numbers are there we might be able to swing some other goodies.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

They will promote it, and if the numbers are there we might be able to swing some other goodies.

Ok. Good to know. 

Initial investigation has not been good. Several of the regulars have commitments/complications. Argh. 

I'll try to dig up more people and see what I can do. 

Archived