Malik Johnson

Dub Narcotic

On 12-9-2016 at 4:28 AM, Northvansteve said:

Can someone enlighten me on why there isn't more hype on this guy?

Every time I have seen him (limited sample size), he's impressed me. He's fast, good with the ball under pressure, beats guys on 1v1, passes well, has a great shot - he looks like the central attacking mid we've been waiting for! And he's a 98 playing at USL.

What am I missing?

Like all other youngsters: CONSISTENCY 

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, KW519 said:

Do you guys think Malik should accept a new contract at TFC (assuming) they offer him one, or do you think TFC is holding his career back? If TFC can play Ricketts at wing they really can't justify not giving Malik a fair chance in the team.

I think he should probably wait another year. Yes, he should play over Ricketts, but so should a lot of players on TFC.

With 70 pro games,  7 goals, 2 assists...he's very promising, but still has a lot of developing to do. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Malik is making some noise down in Tampa.  2 goals in 5 games and plenty of wild dribbling runs and crosses.  Sort of reminds me how Raheem Edwards went on a tear for TFC2 a few years back.  Had 3 goals in 23 appearances last year in Tampa.  Still only 22 and has been playing both wings.  

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1118161

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Didnt realize he was the Monarchs MVP last season.  Still only 23 with 6 plus seasons in USL, I hope he is making some decent coin down there.  

Malik is such a down to earth, nice kid. Still crazy to think he made a first team appearance for TFC over 5 years ago. Wish him all the best.

I would think so, wondered if he tried to pit his USL offer against a better one from a CPL. I wonder if that happens. I just think the player is going to take what they think is the best opportunity.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...