NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

6 minutes ago, mikey_s_ said:

Does anyone have info on Jon Viscosi? Transfermarkt and WIkipedia have him listed as Canadian and playing Southport FC in the National league. Looks like he was the backup on the weekend.

I coached him in a march break camp in 2001 or so. He is from Ottawa. 

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Most likely yes. Will implement this change once it becomes official.

5 minutes ago, jordan said:

I coached him in a march break camp in 2001 or so. He is from Ottawa. 

Interesting. Josh Bonsu is already at Southport. Wonder what the Canadian connection at that club is?

16 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

Now that Vince explained it and there is actually a local connection, I kinda like it.

To each their own! 

I already heard about the local connection, but I still do not like it. I would have preferred a simple 'Sporting Kansas City B or 2'.

To me, it just seems a bit too much of a rip off from England for my taste. I can stomach things like 'FC', 'United' and even 'City', but adding 'Rangers' to the name is just beyond my personal limit :)

For the record, Sporting and Dynamo are not my favourite names either, but there's nothing worse than the owners naming two clubs within the same organization after two different European names from two different regions (British Isles and Iberia). 

On 2015-10-04 at 1:06 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Updating re Adam Appugliesi, who we heard signed with Jove Español in Spanish 3rd div (4th tier), Valencia region. I just now found match reports on this team, but he does not seem to be playing or at least no word on his Twitter account. He's a defender it seems. But here is the real story:

He came out of an Italian academy calle Genova International, GISS, that signs players to a lot of good clubs, in Serie A and B, elsewhere. They have deals all over the world, through the owner Morris Pagniello. In Spain in the last few years they offer a club in 2B or 3rd, even 2A, a quantity of money as a "sponsorship", then the deal is that club has to take players. In the case of Cultural Leonesa in León they promised a quantity, had León set up a B team, put a GISS coach on the team and a group of young GISS players 19-21 yrs old. But shortly afterwards Cultural complained that they had been tricked and not all the money had come in. 

Same with Hercules, they were promised when in 2A to get 200 thousand euros and had to take 40 players into their teams, mostly lower than the 1st team. When Hercules dropped to 2B, the quantity dropped to 90 thousand. The Hercules board then decided it was not a good deal for them. They also seem to have deals with Jumilla, in the same area, and with quite a few other teams---and then Jove Español where Appugliesi is. 

I suppose players pay a lot to GISS, and the deal is then GISS gets the odd transfer fee, being the "owner" of the player, and then use the money to pay their players way into clubs at lower level so they can compete. And if someone stands out, then they get a share or all of the transfer up. They are an academy that is also a macro-agent and placement agency. 

Just a month ago the deal was: Jove Español accepted a sponsorship and three players, all from GISS, the others Australian. But I am pretty sure that Adam has not played after 6 games and the others, I dont think have either. 

Just to let you know he has gone back to North America and looking for a club on this side of the Atlantic. He never really played for the first team and had a few appearances for the B team.

Carreiro left via mutual consent. Have to think he wasn't satisfied with the lack of playing time, and probably saw that it wasn't going to improve. FWIW, Dundee supporters responding to the announcement on Twitter seem confused by the news. http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/dylan-leaves-the-club

Edited by shermanator

On 20/12/2015 at 3:43 PM, Fussball_eh said:

Just to let you know he has gone back to North America and looking for a club on this side of the Atlantic. He never really played for the first team and had a few appearances for the B team.

Thanks for updating. Silly to play in 7th tier Spain when you can play higher in North American, even PDL would be better I'd say. Another thing is if you have a legit contract on a 4th tier team and are young, like Fisk.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks for updating. Silly to play in 7th tier Spain when you can play higher in North American, even PDL would be better I'd say. Another thing is if you have a legit contract on a 4th tier team and are young, like Fisk.

Yeah Ben Fisk actually had been training with the first team towards the end of the year, but I think he may have picked up an injury as well...

2 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Yeah, these rumours were happening last transfer period as well. I'd like him to stay at Besiktas and win the league and/or cup and then go to the EPL.

Yeah I would have wanted this West Ham transfer before, but Besiktas look poised to win the title this season. It would be a shame for Hutchinson to leave without any silverware. 1st place would also mean direct qualification to the Champions League, but he could pretty much kiss those aspirations goodbye if he signs with the Hammers. They might sneak into a Europa place but that's as high as I see them finishing. 

The reporter also speculates that Hutchinson may also be used as RB cover. That is something I do not want. Hutchinson has been playing so well with Besiktas and Canada at DM. I don't anything to throw that off.

Bilic has never played Hutchinson at RB though, so maybe that won't happen.