NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

5 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

http://www.academysoccer.ca/?link=honour

There's a few on the list from SAAC that might need to be added.

Merry Holidays

4 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I would take that list with a very, very large grain of salt and investigate each "signing". Based on my observations of their previous years "signings" these are almost always just training sessions.

I don't currently include League One / PLSQ level. If someone wants to take on that project, let me know, but it's a bit too much for me and my team to handle at this point.

1 hour ago, Fussball_eh said:

I don't currently include League One / PLSQ level. If someone wants to take on that project, let me know, but it's a bit too much for me and my team to handle at this point.

He meant the signings grouping. Apparently SAAC kids signed at Bayern, Barca, Genk, Nice etc.

Pretty sure Reid doesn't have a Euro passport so he can't sign until he's 18. 

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

He meant the signings grouping. Apparently SAAC kids signed at Bayern, Barca, Genk, Nice etc.

If that happened we would have heard about it. There is no way Bayern signed a Canadian and this is the first we've heard about it. But, hey, I might check this out just to be sure ;)

11 hours ago, jpg75 said:

With Euro passport players can also only sign a contract when they're 18. Youth players are free to go wherever they want to.  

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

With Euro passport players can also only sign a contract when they're 18. Youth players are free to go wherever they want to.  

With a Euro passport players can sign pro contracts as young as 16 depending on the country.

A player like Reid who does not have a Euro passport can only train with a clubs youth team and cannot play in official matches for them.

There's a section for trials and a section for official signings for 2015.

Official Signings:

Thomas Licursi (Toronto Skillz/KNSA) - Huddinge IF Youth (Sweden)  *** NEW ***
Steven Sampson (Power FC) - Birmingham City Academy (England)  *** NEW ***
Dylan Micallef (Pro Stars) - Rabat Ajax (Malta)  *** NEW ***
Daniele Baldassarre (International FC) - Vigor Lamezia (Italy)
Fernando Campos (International FC) - AS Cutro (Italy)

However, JPG75 is right.  Some of these "official signings" are hard to confirm which could mean that they were longer training stints.

Edited by DigzTFC

1 hour ago, DigzTFC said:

We track youth, but we don't have the ambition to be comprehensive. If we come across them, we add them. However, in this case they are way too young. Too much can happen until then. I'd say we should look at 16 and up.

Edited by Fussball_eh

4 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

We track youth, but we don't have the ambition to be comprehensive. If we come across them, we add them. However, in this case they are way too young. Too much can happen until then. I'd say we should look at 16 and up.

An option for tracking youth might be to post but not add youth signings to MOACA. Fussballeh doesn't need to worry about additional work, while there is value in being able to look back in the future and see if the signings amounted to anything.

4 hours ago, yomurphy1 said:

An option for tracking youth might be to post but not add youth signings to MOACA. Fussballeh doesn't need to worry about additional work, while there is value in being able to look back in the future and see if the signings amounted to anything.

The google document has several tabs. We can add a "Youth Abroad" and have a dedicated youth contributor with access to the doc. Anyone want to focus on this aspect?

On 12/28/2015 at 9:43 AM, DigzTFC said:

Daniel Silva Fracassa (*2005), former of Benfica is now at FCB Escola, SA: http://www.barcelona-football-tours.com/tournament-11-B05-scorers

6 hours ago, shermanator said:

Well, if you're tracking assistant coaches in the Coaches Abroad, looks like Jeff Paulus is missing. Been the assistant coach and academy TD at FC Edmonton since 2012.

Oops. Major oversight. Went ahead and added him. So we do have quite a few other coaches missing. Everyone: Does anyone else come to mind?

1 hour ago, Benjamin Massey said:

Thanks Ben, went ahead and added him as well.

On 12/29/2015 at 7:57 AM, Fussball_eh said:

Daniel Silva Fracassa (*2005), former of Benfica is now at FCB Escola: http://www.barcelona-football-tours.com/tournament-11-B05-scorers

FCB Escola is not FC Barcelona, it is a pay as you go school that does not even play federated soccer, they play between themselves and do tournaments to get more games. Any decent kid can get in, as long as he is competent. It is a bad idea but parents get sucked into the name.

I know this because my kid used to play with a proper club that is also a Barça supporter group, UBCatalonia, and they had a deal to pick up Escola kids after they finished there, which if I recall right was u-13 (maybe u-14). Yes, my boy was that level, he played with former FCBEscola kids, which is lower-mid competitive football in Barcelona. 

Roman Tulis academy in North Van deliberately falsifies this distinction, as they are doing now with a kid named Asvin Chauhan, they are conning people about what they are able to really produce by doing this. They conned people with that player named Gianni Patino in 2008, much reported here, as they collected donations to send him to Barcelona to the FCBEscola, as I saw it a scam.

The facilities are not even that great, they have this poor artificial field in the shadow of Camp Nou, Catalonia plays the other Barça supporter group clubs in tournaments there.

One of the few recent players who was FCEscola, then Catalonia, then was brought back to proper Barça academy and turned pro, was Jordi Gómez, who was at Wigan and now Sunderland. But hey, the club my kid  is at now sent a player to proper FC Barcelona academy who played for Barça B and is now at Munich 1860, though on loan to Elche this year, Ilie Sánchez. This is not top level football by any means, in spite of exceptions, so better to be at a proper Bundesliga 3 club  or League 2 than there.