Watching the Gold Cup

Unlike other years, where most of the games were on TV, it doesn't look like to be the case this time around unless you have SportsnetWorld (which it seems like many of us don't have that channel).

What are our options, will some tournament games from any teams (including canada) be shown on other channels or will we be streaming it online.

All of Canada's matches are on a non-Sportsnet World channel (either 360 or ONE), as are two US group matches, both QF's, one SF (would assume the second SF if Canada is in it), and the third place match.  Final match is on Sportsnet.  

Although its behind TSN's coverage of some other events seems pretty comparable to prior years (and its dumb to expect the Jays to be bumped for GC).

All of Canada's matches are on a non-Sportsnet World channel (either 360 or ONE), as are two US group matches, both QF's, one SF (would assume the second SF if Canada is in it), and the third place match.  Final match is on Sportsnet.  

Although its behind TSN's coverage of some other events seems pretty comparable to prior years (and its dumb to expect the Jays to be bumped for GC).

Ok cool, so that means we will be able to catch the games. I thought originally there was talks that we would not be able to catch them. Too bad, Sportsnet 360, One, etc isn't showing more gold cup games in general. It's always fun to watch games between various countries in this tournament.

I have Sportsnet World...if it's available to you, pick it up for a month if you want the coverage. 

Last time I checked for Rogers customers in Ontario Sportsnet 1 was about $3/month and Sportsnet 360 was about $3/month as well. Cheaper than getting Sportsnet World unless you REALLY want all the games including the non-Canada ones.

In Toronto at least, I just realized that Rogers offers an "Extra Sports" package that can include Sportsnet World for the same price as their "Digital VIP" package, which is what I had up until now.  I lose some channels that I never watched and gain SN World.  yay

In Toronto at least, I just realized that Rogers offers an "Extra Sports" package that can include Sportsnet World for the same price as their "Digital VIP" package, which is what I had up until now.  I lose some channels that I never watched and gain SN World.  yay

This is a fantastic tip. Thanks. I just switched over from Digital VIP to Extra Sports and there isn't a single channel I lost that I watch. I am so grateful that it includes the food network, as this is the only channel my gf watches.

Panama vs Haiti ends in a draw after Haiti tie up the game with a late goal! Panama have some good centre backs with Torres and Cummings but their strikers are maybe too old with Perez and Tejada. They should have brought in Gabby Torres.

It sure is a shame Sportsnet didn't get any part of the WWC.

Gold Cup on TSN tonight...20 second clip of the US game, not even sure the words "Gold Cup" were used. 

Sportsnet: a few minutes talking about Canada and the groups, followed by highlights from both games tonight, in total a tonne more time spent on it than TSN did.

This isn't a new trend.  Sportsnet actually seems to care about soccer.  TSN only cares when there is big money involved.  Let's keep an eye on it tomorrow night too..

I know it isn't TSN's fault, but it was a bloody shame that they couldn't even talk about the WWC on Sportsnet highlights.  Travesty really.

It sure is a shame Sportsnet didn't get any part of the WWC.

Gold Cup on TSN tonight...20 second clip of the US game, not even sure the words "Gold Cup" were used. 

Sportsnet: a few minutes talking about Canada and the groups, followed by highlights from both games tonight, in total a tonne more time spent on it than TSN did.

This isn't a new trend.  Sportsnet actually seems to care about soccer.  TSN only cares when there is big money involved.  Let's keep an eye on it tomorrow night too..

I know it isn't TSN's fault, but it was a bloody shame that they couldn't even talk about the WWC on Sportsnet highlights.  Travesty really.

TSN's Sportscenter is not a news broadcast it's an infomercial. They hit the stuff they have to remain legitimate, like the Jays, and they push the products they sell, like the CFL, if they don't have the broadcast rights they don't push it. ESPN's Sportscenter is the same way.

I'm being told by rogers I need to make a 4 month commitment and pay an additional 18 bucks a month to add Sportsnet world to my vIP package.

Did everyone else have to make that term commitment?

Have you looked into changing your VIP package to the Extra Sports package?  I'm not sure "Extra Sports" is offered in all areas.  But if it is, it is likely the same price as Digital VIP, and it includes Sportsnet World and drops a few crap channels. 

I'm being told by rogers I need to make a 4 month commitment and pay an additional 18 bucks a month to add Sportsnet world to my vIP package.

Did everyone else have to make that term commitment?

I can confirm it is a 4 month commitment for Sportsnet World. As mentioned though, Extra Sports and rewards options are available.

Archived