Gold Cup - Canada v Costa Rica - Pre Game thread

Califax

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot/ don't know how to post pictures on here from my own files (without a url) but I have been talking with a bunch of people about making banners. We already decided on wording for the main one. Going to buy the material this week most likely and paint as much of it as i can before Saturday as I will be away all next week. Can anyone walk me through posting one of my own pictures on here? I searched through the how to post picture threads but i couldn't figure it out. On that note there is no tifo fund cash with the V's right?just wondering due to current unemployment. 

From what I understand, there will be a flag tifo this game as part of the extra charge on tickets for this game and the previous game raised money for it.

But if you want to do your own, you're obviously more than welcome. As for photos, I upload to IMGR and then post the link. Works best for me.

Would anyone coming in from out of town be interested in spit-balling ideas at an informal Vees meeting before this game? I would love to sit down with anyone who has ideas on things we can do get people engaged, improve game atmosphere, grow our brand etc etc

Obviously it would only be like an hour or so (and before we got into the sauce) but it would be a great way to build some links across the country and for people to pitch ideas they may have for the group.

Thoughts?

I'm in. JAM vs SLV is at 6:00 pm then we kick off at 8:30pm I believe. Is that right? If so then we should have the meeting start at 4 so those who want to go to the first match can do so. Let's try and get as many people who are from out of town at this as we can, we're a national group and something like this should reflect that.

4pm on a weekday on rush hour plus Pan Am madness? not the most convenient time for most people

I agree. However when games are on Tuesday, we have few options. By 6 some will be at BMO and others will be socializing at the pre game. The night before is an option but fewer people from away will be in town for the game then. Short of a Saturday, we're in some trouble.

I'm fortunate that I'm not working that day but I started a thread where we can discuss.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/index.php?/topic/28108-voyageurs-micro-agm/#entry518210

Hello Guys,

I wanted to let yuou know that i have taken initiative and I have painted a 60 foot banner with 4 foot high letters that reads:

"2000 OUR HISTORY. 2015 OUR DESTINY !" the numbers are painted in red, the letters in black.

It looks pretty bad ass. This will be unveiled at the South End. I am planning on holding it up during the anthem with lots of help.My only thoughts are about keeping it 60 ft or splitting it and making it 2 30 ft banners one on top of the other.

I have also been in contact with front office. Asked about making a sign to unveil on the east end when the players come out that reads something like  NO FEAR...NO PAIN , MAKE US PROUD, OUR TIME IS NOW or something positive to  motivate the players. Although they dont usually allow this anywhere other than southend, they like the idea and are getting back to me about allowing it.

Hello Guys,

I wanted to let yuou know that i have taken initiative and I have painted a 60 foot banner with 4 foot high letters that reads:

"2000 OUR HISTORY. 2015 OUR DESTINY !" the numbers are painted in red, the letters in black.

It looks pretty bad ass. This will be unveiled at the South End. I am planning on holding it up during the anthem with lots of help. I have attached to show roughly what it will look like.

My only thoughts are about keeping it 60 ft or splitting it and making it 2 30 ft banners one on top of the other.

I have also been in contact with front office. Asked about making a sign to unveil on the east end when the players come out that reads something like  NO FEAR...NO PAIN , MAKE US PROUD, OUR TIME IS NOW or something positive to  motivate the players. Although they dont usually allow this anywhere other than southend, they like the idea and are getting back to me about allowing it.

Sweet man, can't wait to see it!

Hello Guys,

It looks pretty bad ass. This will be unveiled at the South End. I am planning on holding it up during the anthem with lots of help.My only thoughts are about keeping it 60 ft or splitting it and making it 2 30 ft banners one on top of the other.

Awesome man, cant wait to see it.

What happens if we're already eliminated from the GC by next Tuesday? Is that a possibility?

We still show up and cheer our team! We will be in with a chance unless we take a heavy defeat to Jamaica and Costa Rica crushes ES!

Archived