Alessandro Riggi

Dub Narcotic

• 3 months later...

He's being touted by Kevin Laramee and the USL Radio Impact beat writer as the best player on Montreal's team right now.

In watching a few games, I would have to agree. However the best player on the worst team in the league. Not much of a feat. 

It is if it's a development league.

I'm going to assume you don't follow the USL. It is a development league, but I can name around 20 players that are his age and is better than him, or developing better.

The Montreal team is bad, really bad. I don't know if they planned this team properly.

I'm going to assume you don't follow the USL. It is a development league, but I can name around 20 players that are his age and is better than him, or developing better.

The Montreal team is bad, really bad. I don't know if they planned this team properly.

The fact that the team is bad reflects on the individual players, but it doesn't mean there's no talent. There's no balance in the squad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 maybe 4 players representing in the MNT within a few years. Crepeau comes to mind but in fact, Gagnon-Lapare already has. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just remarking that if we truly want goals from our forwards internationally, that we need midfielders that provide a scoring threat.  Otherwise they will focus TOO much on the strikers.  That's modern football.

It's great to see this kind of production from a midfielder.  Wonder if this is gonna translate into a look at the main squad?

Riggi absolutely deserves a senior contract but the problem for him is that Montreal is absolutely stacked with wingers. He also may be able to challenge Piatti and Venegas for the #10 spot but that's a tough road as well. Sukunda is the other guy I imagine they are looking for the senior team and he would have a clearer path to minutes at left back. Montreal should sign somebody from the team in any case just to show the players that they are taking this pathway seriously.

Even though the USL teams have had mixed results this year, it really has been a positive overall when you think about how the Impact had to stash all of their youth players on the senior roster in the last couple of years. Not only were they not developing those kids due to a lack of playing time, it really hurt the senior team in terms of serious depth because they had several spots tied up for youth players not ready for senior minutes (e.g. Messoudi, carrying both Ouimette and Lefevre).

Riggi absolutely deserves a senior contract but the problem for him is that Montreal is absolutely stacked with wingers. He also may be able to challenge Piatti and Venegas for the #10 spot but that's a tough road as well. Sukunda is the other guy I imagine they are looking for the senior team and he would have a clearer path to minutes at left back. Montreal should sign somebody from the team in any case just to show the players that they are taking this pathway seriously.

Even though the USL teams have had mixed results this year, it really has been a positive overall when you think about how the Impact had to stash all of their youth players on the senior roster in the last couple of years. Not only were they not developing those kids due to a lack of playing time, it really hurt the senior team in terms of serious depth because they had several spots tied up for youth players not ready for senior minutes (e.g. Messoudi, carrying both Ouimette and Lefevre).

I wonder when we'll see a young promising USL PRO player move to another club, either in MLS or USL PRO from a Canadian club due to having their path blocked.

I was just remarking that if we truly want goals from our forwards internationally, that we need midfielders that provide a scoring threat.  Otherwise they will focus TOO much on the strikers.  That's modern football.

It's great to see this kind of production from a midfielder.  Wonder if this is gonna translate into a look at the main squad?

Floro doesn't believe in scoring though.

Floro doesn't believe in scoring though.

Your shtick is getting tiring. Do you have anything to actually contribute, or is it just drive by's because you dislike Floro?

As for Riggi, can't imagine he will see a pro contract before next season with the roster they have in front of him. When Tissot, who has been playing fantastic every time he suits up on the wing, can no longer break into the 18, it's hard to imagine Riggi will. Guess we will just have to see what coach the Impact go with to start the season, and what roster changes will be made in the offseason by said coach.

Your shtick is getting tiring. Do you have anything to actually contribute, or is it just drive by's because you dislike Floro?

As for Riggi, can't imagine he will see a pro contract before next season with the roster they have in front of him. When Tissot, who has been playing fantastic every time he suits up on the wing, can no longer break into the 18, it's hard to imagine Riggi will. Guess we will just have to see what coach the Impact go with to start the season, and what roster changes will be made in the offseason by said coach.

I'm not wrong though. When media asked him about it he barked back that they hadn't given up goals.

• 2 months later...

Archived