7 Duwayne Ewart (M)
8 Harrison Paton (M)
10 Tristan Borges (M)
20 Richlord Ennin (M)
14 Daniel Sagno (F)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also. I have been impressed with Ennin which is the first time I think he has played in the tournament. Seems like we have some depth

In my opinion, tabla looks like the best offensive talent we have ever produced (at least who has played for us). So it's good we are playing so well without him.

I've only seen this team for a few matches but I feel like we resemble a US youth team, we are a big team with some decent technical players.  Does anyone have a squad list?  That one kid up top (Sagno?) is extremely talented on the dribble, whoever has been beating guys on the right. 

Ewart looks like he has a ton of potential.  Great size and a nice touch.

I doubt beIN has Concacaf rights in Canada. No mention on their site & Sportsnet has been showing Concacaf Champions League in the past 2 weeks.

Doesnt look like they have all CONCACAF but on their site it says this:

beIN SPORTS PLAY Canada is beIN SPORTS' Live Streaming Platform and Canada's new home for the world’s greatest soccer and international sports. Canadian fans will now be able to enjoy exclusive content for La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers, and much, much more.

With beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada, viewers will have access to the beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español channels, as well as additional sporting events that will only be seen LIVE on beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada.

On this page http://www.beinsportsconnect.ca/support

Great result, I like how we went for it and didn't go into a shell.  Borges, Ewart were stars for me though I didn't know most of the names.. the tall central defender was also a beast.

Paton who I expected to be one of the better players looked gassed and was unimpressive.

1-1 final. Good stuff. Wasn't expecting that to be honest. Puts us in great shape to make the playoff at the very least with St Lucia still one of the games to go.

I don't understand why we are so competitive at this level, there is complete apathy for this tournament within Canada and we doing a horrible job of developing our youth players at the grassroots level. I read that on tsn.ca, so it must be true.

(Sorry if it's too early for that joke)

I don't understand why we are so competitive at this level, there is complete apathy for this tournament within Canada and we doing a horrible job of developing our youth players at the grassroots level. I read that on tsn.ca, so it must be true.

Definitely not too early.  Been working on the same thing myself.

1-1 final. Good stuff. Wasn't expecting that to be honest. Puts us in great shape to make the playoff at the very least with St Lucia still one of the games to go.

It's not u17 that's our problem, Its when these kids play against other countries who have players getting 1st team minutes 2 years from now in u20 qualification.

We're doing well because we got right coaching staff unlike Under 20 who have been crap especially since a lot of these kids are coming from professional clubs now.  We need someone with professional background to run Under 20 team.    

It's not u17 that's our problem, Its when these kids play against other countries who have players getting 1st team minutes 2 years from now in u20 qualification.

This is true, but that will change with USL Pro teams that a lot of these kids will be playing in few years.   

However, I feel like we don't have right coach to manage Under 20 though.  

It's not u17 that's our problem, Its when thetse kids play against other countries who have players getting 1st team minutes 2 years from now in u20 qualification.

Exactly. It's the jump to pro and the lack of minutes that is doing us in.

Archived