Women's World Cup 2015 - Details & Pricing - Supporters Section

Admin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. New to Edmonton and would like to check out the game.  Is there any supporters section tickets for the opener on June 6th or the June 11th game?  The link on the home page does not work.  Thanks for the help.

I have heard of a few extras floating around but it might be best to start a new topic (called 'Need one ticket to June 6th' or something like that) so people see your request and it doesn't get buried in this thread.

@Danielgriz You are right that the Voyageurs link no longer works since those sales had a limited time offer. Your next best option is to try Ticketmaster and choose a seat close to where the supporter's section is. For June 6th I see one single ticket available in Row 5 Seat 18 and nothing else anywhere close. For June 11th there are still lots of available seats in Section FF. If you need more than a single for June 6th or you miss out on the one still available, try Rob's advice and start a thread.

June 1, 2015 , Vancouver :                

FullTime.        UBC Thunderbirds   1 - 1   Ecuador ( La Trifemenina ) . 

- A worrying result for Ecuador.

Is going to be tough for Ecuador getting out of their group facing Japan, Cameroon and Switzerland.

So Ticketmaster is showing the 'very few tickets left' exclamation for the opening game, and eyeballing it, it looks like around 1000 tickets left.  

I heard on the radio this morning that there was about 9000 tickets left....i'm not sure how reliable that is...but it was an Edmonton radio station

I heard on the radio this morning that there was about 9000 tickets left....i'm not sure how reliable that is...but it was an Edmonton radio station

Could be.  Ticketmaster listed the USA vs Sweden match as limited seats available (with only one seat showing) a while ago, and then they suddenly released a whole bunch of tickets.  Pretty dumb not to open them up this close to the match though.

From what I have heard they are waiting until all or a majority of the seats on the EAST side are sold. Then they will begin to sell the seats on the WEST corners. Also, I read today that they have around 2000 seats left, 

It's tough to say...all I was going by was a rough look at what is sold on the ticketmaster site, but that's not at all necessarily reliable.  

Don't know if this link will work, that's all I was looking at...

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/match-01-can-v-chn-edmonton-alberta-06-06-2015/event/11004CD1BAB026B4?artistid=875503&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=venue_msg-1_11004CD1BAB026B4

The latest radio update this morning indicated 5000 tickets remaining....again im not sure how reliable this is...but 4000 tickets sold yesterday seems like we are nearing a sell out!

I cant wait - the atmosphere at Commonwealth will be absolutely buzzing!!!!!!

Anyone here how sales are going for the Canada Netherlands game in Montreal is going? Looks pretty good based on ticket master including the entire upper deck sold. Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately its not that the upper deck is sold. They actually haven't even opened the upper deck for ticket sales because the lower deck hasn't sold out.

The latest radio update this morning indicated 5000 tickets remaining....again im not sure how reliable this is...but 4000 tickets sold yesterday seems like we are nearing a sell out!

I cant wait - the atmosphere at Commonwealth will be absolutely buzzing!!!!!!

I read an article on monday that said 42 000 tickets had been sold and capacity would be 50 to 52 000. So 5000 tickets remaining seems about right. That means 5000 tickets have been sold between monday and thursday. Between now and the game saturday, with a decent walk up crowd it should sell out.

EDIT: Here is the article from Monday saying 42 000 tickets sold and the capacity

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/canada-to-set-attendance-record-without-kicking-a-ball-at-womens-world-cup/article24729478/

The 42,000 tickets already sold for Saturday’s tournament opener at Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium between Canada and China erases the previous attendance mark of 29,953 for a women’s ‘A’ international on home soil.

Capacity is expected to be between 50,000 and 52,000.

Organizers say the 52-game tournament has already sold more than 885,000 tickets

The original goal was 1.5 million which I dont think will be reached. The u20 world cup in 2007 with the same number of games drew 1.2 million. That would be a good target.

It's at 46k for Edmonton and 910k overall based on Edmonton Sun article.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/03/in-person-and-on-tv-womens-world-cup-promises-to-be-followed-closely

Edmonton Journal had an article focused on some fellow Voyageurs:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmonton/white+awfully+polite+Soccer+fans+gather+Edmonton+Women/11106476/story.html

Good to hear. That article was printed Wednesday. So from Monday to Wednesday Opening game sales went from 42 000 to 46 000. More impressively overall ticket sales went from 885 000 to 910 000 (8000 (4000x2) of which were from the opening game seeing as 1 ticket counts as attendance for both games).

That means 17 000 tickets to matches other than the opening double header were sold from Monday to Wednesday.

Nice to see ticket sales picking up. Once knockout round games become set in stone you will see tickets going even faster for those games.

From what I have heard they are waiting until all or a majority of the seats on the EAST side are sold. Then they will begin to sell the seats on the WEST corners. Also, I read today that they have around 2000 seats left, 

You were bang on. Just had a look at the ticketmaster site. The majority of seats on the east side are now sold and they have just opened up the west side corner seats, whole sections of them. It makes sense because the camera will be facing the east side and they want it to be full.

I read an article that for Canada's second match they dont plan on opening the west side upper level unless demand warrants it, as it is least likely to be seen on tv.

Unfortunately its not that the upper deck is sold. They actually haven't even opened the upper deck for ticket sales because the lower deck hasn't sold out.

It was just announced the upper deck has been open for sale for the Netherlands match at the Big O. That's a positive sign !

Archived