Canadians abroad: January 30 - February 5, 2015

DJT

Daniel Haber got 90 minutes in a home win for Aya Napia. He's tripled his minutes already compared to last season. Aya had 150 spectators present (ouch).

They beat the #1, closing the gap to 5 points now. Fabril is looking good for promotion playoffs.

They are sponsored by a Disco Club ...hard to draw a crowd when everyone is hung over... http://www.ayianapafc.net/

I have one question. How would Atiba Hutchinson be able to get a work permit? He has been linked with EPL moves when Canada had a respectable ranking and he could have gotten a Work Permit. The question is not if Atiba was a good enough player for the EPL, the question was more if Atiba could have gotten a Work Permit and it starts and ends with that IMO. II don't understand how you can't see that.

Work permit issue. Well, forgive me for not understanding your percpetive. It wasn't particular obvious in your post.

Yes, Hutchinson getting a work permit could be an issue while Canada's ranking is still low. That being said, Canada could have an outstanding Gold Cup and jump in the rankings before the next European season starts. I understand him securing a long term contract in the meantime, but I just want to point out that circumstances like these can change in a short order.

By the way, I fail to understand your point about the nature of the West ham rumor and Easter Europe. Would you mind clarifying?

I had heard that they argued that he was close to getting his EU passport through Cypress so that he would soon be eligible anyway. Can't really remember how reliable that info was but it seemed to make sense at the time.

I fail to see how a EU passport issued by Cypress Hill would hold up in court.

I had heard that they argued that he was close to getting his EU passport through Cypress so that he would soon be eligible anyway. Can't really remember how reliable that info was but it seemed to make sense at the time.

Sounds sketchy. I mean, what if Cyprus denied his citizenship application on some technicality? The UK home office would have issued the visa on a false premise and would look like idiots.

Forget that whole Cyprus passport story, it's bogus. They don't hand out passports like sandwiches in Cyprus. Yes there might be a shortcut (in comparison with other EU-nations), but if it was really that easy, we'd see lot's of players (most likely from Brazil and Africa)  doing the same. Where are the examples?

Henry is considered a special talent who's played a lot of international games at a young age. They even see that in spite of the MNT's low ranking.

Forget that whole Cyprus passport story, it's bogus. They don't hand out passports like sandwiches in Cyprus. Yes there might be a shortcut (in comparison with other EU-nations), but if it was really that easy, we'd see lot's of players (most likely from Brazil and Africa) doing the same. Where are the examples?

I thought I read somewhere that the Cyprus passport deal only worked for players from commonwealth countries.

Archived